Looking for: Wolf

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
kitsune134

Looking for: Wolf

Post by kitsune134 »

The folded kind, please! :) I have already done a complete search of the forum, but all I find is threads in which someone has mentioned the user wolf. I have about five books on hold at the library,but I would prefer online diagrams.

And yes I have folded the wolf on TPKong's page, but it did not work out well for me.
Last edited by kitsune134 on February 13th, 2009, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work!
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

You could try mark Leonard's wolf but there is no diagram, just a CP with indicated valleys and mountains. The reference is very simple a kite base.

If the CP is giving you trouble you could try to follow the Progressive Crease Patterns for his horsewhich has a similar folding method.
Last edited by Brimstone on February 11th, 2009, 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

You could also try Chad Killeen's wolf, if your'e comfortable with CP folding:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluepaper/2735816235/
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

And if you are very comfortable with CP folding, you could try Noboru Miyajima's Wolf, right here.
Or, if you aren't afraid to spend a lot of money, you could buy the Origami Tanteidan 14th convention book, where Miyajima's Wolf is actually diagrammed. :)
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
InsomniacFolder

Post by InsomniacFolder »

Victoria Serova has a nice wolf Diagram: http://vs-origami.narod.ru/diag/wolf.htm

Also the howling coyote in Montroll's "Bringing Origami to Life" looks as much like a wolf as to make no difference, and it has a nice pose.
"Had we but world enough and time..."
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
kitsune134

Post by kitsune134 »

InsomniacFolder wrote:Victoria Serova has a nice wolf Diagram: http://vs-origami.narod.ru/diag/wolf.htm
Any way that i can print it out in IE for the full diagram? I tried copy-pasting all of it into MS Word, but unless I magically get a whole boat load of time to rearrange the pictures to get less than 27 pages then i cannot print it out at home or at school or even at the library (they charge 15 cents per page!)

Thank you all, but I don't have a lot of money right now, so the coyote and tanteidan magazine are going to have to wait for now.
I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work!
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

27 pages :shock: When I try to print it directly from my browser window I get 7 pages, lets see if I can do something your you to get it a bit smaller.
InsomniacFolder

Post by InsomniacFolder »

Try sending Victoria a message, she visits this forum, and may have a more printer friendly version.

Alternatively if Victoria is happy for you to do so, set IE to full screen at 75% and take screen dumps, you can cover the whole thing in 6 pictures.
"Had we but world enough and time..."
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I made a five page pdf-file, if you pm me your email, I can send it to you.
This version is without text but more optimized when it comes to picture size to page ratio.
Last edited by origami_8 on February 20th, 2009, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

Rdude

Post by Rdude »

Look for Hideo Komatsu's wolf; it is diagrammed in one of the Origami Tanteidan magazines and is simply fabulous.
If you can't fold it, try a bazooka.
My Flickr ->
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rdudevr55/