Looking for: Neal Elias - Last Waltz

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
bja

Looking for: Neal Elias - Last Waltz

Post by bja »

Does anyone know where I can find the Last Waltz by Neal Elias? All books that are supposed to include it seem to be out of print.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

The easiest place to get the Last Waltz is probably OUSA 1998. I think they should have a few laying around, try contacting the Source.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

why would it be the easiest way? maybe its a better idea to get "selected works" from BOS?!
bja

Post by bja »

OUSA 1998 doesn't seem to be available either. Origami USA Source has '96 and '99, but no '98. :(

It doesn't look like BOS is selling anything right now. Unless you know of another site where I could buy their selected works?
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

TheRealChris wrote:why would it be the easiest way? maybe its a better idea to get "selected works" from BOS?!
Because, I've been eyeballing the BOS and the shop is down for the time being for renovations, it appears. Besides that, when last I looked at their shop, it was no longer for sale.
bja

Post by bja »

The Source just confirmed that OUSA '98 is out of print, and BOS is not taking any orders. I also tried to find ORU 12 at Sasuga and had no luck.

Any other ideas?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Wait some time, the homepage update of BOS supplies probably won't last forever. Let's assume that maybe in a month or two the site will be back up, then you can order it there. If it shouldn't be up until the next convention (end of march) maybe you can ask if someone buys it for you at the convention and sends it to you.
Last edited by origami_8 on February 17th, 2009, 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

I thought I had remembered seeing it in a Tanteidan Magazine, but that may have just been Nureyev and Fonteyn.

Another source for the Last Waltz is one of the AEP Pajarita magazines, Pajarita #92.
bja

Post by bja »

Thanks all, I found a copy of BOS selected works on amazon. :D
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

Congrats. I love to fold The Last Waltz as a wedding gift.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~hanksimon/o ... ncers.html

I'm curious, as I think others are. After you buy the magazine, please post the link from Amazon... if they have more Origami stuff.

Thanks,
Hank Simon

URL fixed by Moderator. Hint: the URL-tag doesn't like spaces
bja

Post by bja »

They just had the one (used) at the amazon marketplace, sold by bookends_3 (http://www.amazon.com/shops/bookends_3).
InsomniacFolder

Post by InsomniacFolder »

For Future reference: I believe BOS does still sell that Elias booklet, it's just not listed on the site. If you ask for it though they will ship it.

Though it's been removed from the web border form, it's still listed and priced in the handouts they send when you are a member, or order anything from them.
"Had we but world enough and time..."
Sara

Video available now

Post by Sara »

Hi there,

Just wanted to let everyone know there's a video available on this model now:

http://www.happyfolding.com/instruction ... last_waltz or directly at YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 45C27646BC

Happy folding,

-- Sara