Looking for: Jukebox

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
InsomniacFolder

Looking for: Jukebox

Post by InsomniacFolder »

I have had a request to fold a Wurlitzer style jukebox.

I can't remeber seeing one anywhere, and the Origami Database and Google has no listing (In English).

Has anyone seen one anywhere? Preferably moderate complexity - say Montroll rating of 4 stars, but I'll give anything a try.

Any help gratfully appreciated.
"Had we but world enough and time..."
InsomniacFolder

Post by InsomniacFolder »

Aha! Yes, sorry.

I do know very well what a wurlitzer is - what I should have said is "I Can't remember seeing an origami design for one anywhere"

And Google and ODB (not the deceased Wu Tang Clan member) etc has no listing for a diagram of one, or any representation of one in origami model form.

Apologies again for my inexactitude.

Does anyone know of an origami version of a Wurlitzer style juke box at all?

Thanks.
"Had we but world enough and time..."
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

You don't have to apologize, it was plain obvious, after all what is this forum about?

I don't know of one, but some models from the troublewit could be turned into a jukebox. The church window and the fireplace (maybe more the second one) come to mind.

Edit: I just checked one of my troublewit books and there is indeed a model called "slot machine". these books do not show you the method to do the models, models are supposed to be easy enough that you by just looking at a picture of a finished model, should be able to do it.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

The church window kind of can be seen at the 46 seconds of this video <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-auzFVfNSg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

That series of Heros of Magic is really great! Thanks for sharing.
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz