Looking for: Trouble-wit diagrams

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
nonkelgans

Looking for: Trouble-wit diagrams

Post by nonkelgans »

On the risk of asking the obvious I would like to know if there are any good diagrams for making a Trouble-wit. I've only seen some old photographs of it and some finished models but never a diagram how to make one. Anybody?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

There are diagrams in the book "Origami Complete" by Eric Kenneway.
Basically you take a large rectangle. On the long side leaf a little gap in the middle (about 1cm or so) and fold the two sides into thirds (one valley and one mountain fold on each side). Then fold the short side mountain-valley-mountain-... like an accordion.

http://www.origami-resource-center.com/paper-magic.html
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Let me chime in and tell you my troublewit story. One day I started folding corrugations and came up with some models. I uploaded some of them to my Flickr Album and got some comments about them where Philip Chapman Bell told me that it was a model from the Troublewit. I had never heard of it before so I did some research while I kept finding more and more models on my own.

When I had the chance I bought two books but as you said they just show the finished models not the way to do them. I haven't folded any of them apart from the ones thst I had discovered on my own. These models are not difficult, most you just see them and you easily figure out how they are made.

The hat shown in the link shown by Anna is my model.

Here's a link to the models I did if you like one of them and want directions, just ask.
nonkelgans

Post by nonkelgans »

origami_8 wrote:There are diagrams in the book "Origami Complete" by Eric Kenneway.
yeah, I have that book in German but frankly it doesn't really contain diagrams of it, just finished trouble-wits and how to make some figures.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Frankly, I have the German version of the book myself and it does include the diagrams. I folded the model several times and it really is only what I described above. What more do you need?
The diagram is on page 175. The following two pages describe how to manipulate it to get some different figures including Mushroom, candy, hat,...
nonkelgans

Post by nonkelgans »

Ah yes, now I see! I must have overseen that page, that's why it made no sense for me. Many thanx!!

I like this book very much, it was one of my first origami books (bought it for 5euro in a book outlet store) and while it's in German I really enjoyed it. It's a little bit hard to read (German is not my mother tongue) but very informative.