Looking for: Edwin Corrie - Sheep

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
akugami
Forum Sensei

Looking for: Edwin Corrie - Sheep

Post by akugami »

a friend of mine once saw a cute sheep by edwin corrie. unfortunately it was just a model without any hint where to find a diagram of it. a search at the odb was not successful so does anyone in here know where to search for?
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

Edwin has some publications with the BOS, you can check there. I dont know if their shop is up and running again, it was off for a while.

Even if you don't find the sheep, all of Edwin's models are really delightful and excellent use of paper. He has a unique style.
You can also check Nicolas Terry's site here:
http://www.origami-shop.com/origami-boo ... 5-777.html
for a new publication (one I still need to get!!!).
InsomniacFolder

Post by InsomniacFolder »

I have Mr. Corries booklets "Animals 1", & "Animals 2" from the BOS.

There isn't a sheep in either of those I'm afraid.

I love the clean lines and style of his models.

He has been known to visit this forum from time to time, so maybe you'll get lucky!
"Had we but world enough and time..."
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

thanks for your help. i wrote a pm to mr. corrie, so may be he'll bring some light to the black sheep ...
Edwin Corrie

Post by Edwin Corrie »

Hi grizzly man,

I've been away for a few days and just saw your PM this evening, but will reply here in case it's of interest to others.

Unfortunately I don't think I've ever done a sheep, so maybe your friend had the wrong name. Another possibility is that it was a model of mine that looked a bit like a sheep but was supposed to be something else - or maybe an old model I've forgotten. Do you have any more details, like when or where your friend saw it?

BTW, thanks Quentin and InsomniacFolder for your comments. The book on Nicolas Terry's website is by Vicente Palacios featuring mostly fairly simple models by me with a couple more by other folders.

Edwin

(InsomniacFolder - is your location Burnham as in the place near Slough? I used to live in Maidenhead.)
InsomniacFolder

Post by InsomniacFolder »

Edwin Corrie wrote:InsomniacFolder - is your location Burnham as in the place near Slough? I used to live in Maidenhead.
Hello Mr. Corrie - yes indeed! I live almost on top of Burnham Train Station in the delightful town (ahem) that is Slough.

Very much hoping to see more of your recent works soon - maybe even a sheep!

My niece's second favourite ever model is your Square Bear from Animals 2 - we both love your models.

Her favourite incidentally is Quentin's Clydesdale horse.

Thanks for your response.
"Had we but world enough and time..."
Edwin Corrie

Post by Edwin Corrie »

I used to drive past Burnham station every day on the way to work in Slough. That was over 15 years ago though...

The book mentioned above has a few completely new things in it and others that have only appeared in obscure convention books, as well as a few more familiar models. There's loads more in the pipeline, but unfortunately the pipeline doesn't have an outlet at the moment.

Your niece has good taste if she likes Quentin's horses. We mustn't pester him too much as doing diagrams is a long job, but he certainly has enough material for an excellent book.

Hope you find your sheep.

Edwin
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

dear mr. corrie,

thanks a lot for your reply. i think the sheep my friend asked for was a model brought by someone from a convention. so may be the participant just remembered a wrong name as being author to that sheep.
anyway, i like your style, too. your square bear from the origami encyclopedia was the very first bear model i've ever folded.