Nine Tailed Foxes?

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
Iwvi

Post by Iwvi »

Cool, i always tried to find a diagram for a 9 tailed fox, unfortunatelly i also discovered about the christmas book and that i needed to submit CP or diagrams, haha. I ended up designing one myself tough i think it may be a very simple looking one, but i like it. good luck with the diagrams. I only know about the christmas book one, and some others that are really good but only CP no diagram.
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

Thanks for your help Iwvi. Info is much appreciated. Can you send a pic of your fox? It doesn't matter that it's simple or complex, I just want to see the different ways people use a square of paper to create a nine tailed fox. If you don't want to that's alright with me. :)

By the way polistes, good work with the fox. (My first attempt will probably turn into an origami rock if you get my meaning). :wink:
Iwvi

Post by Iwvi »

Of course I can let you see the fox kurosei, don't expect much tough :D .
I still can't shape it right cause of paper thikcness and im not a good photographer :oops: . but here it is, hope you like it.
polistes
Forum Sensei

Post by polistes »

flame_kurosei just scale it onto a large sheet of paper useing 6 by 6 grid and you will be fine
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

Iwvi, that's not simple, that's AWESOME :shock: (I was expecting something similar to Julien Gritte's when you said simple)! The pose reminds me of an animal rising on its hackles (RAWR!) and the photography isn't bad at all (you should look at my photos, I'm a horrible photographer -sweatdrop- ). I honestly think it looks fine without shaping, kind of like jun maekawa's models: so good it needs little shaping :) (don't ask me why, but I pictured his peacock in my head when I saw your fox o_O). Are you ever going to post a diagram/cp in a book or online? (once again, not forcing you to do anything)

Polistes, Thanks for your help. (grabs 24 inch. drawing paper).
EDIT: Er, polistes, does this cp collapse into an overall base, or does it just form piece by piece?
polistes
Forum Sensei

Post by polistes »

it never really flattens when you do it so to be done piece by piece
at least that's what i did
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

it never really flattens when you do it so to be done piece by piece
Darn it! I was really hoping for a flat-foldable base...(glares at bird bases) oh well.

I'm not sure how the body is formed from the bird bases though......like how the limbs are created to form below the body...er, how exactly do you do that? (because I'm getting bird base flaps/tails everywhere and I don't know where the legs went)
Iwvi

Post by Iwvi »

Thanks a lot Kurosei :D !
Im glad you liked it. Don't be fooled by the photo, im an horrible photographer, this is around the 38th photo and it was taken by my brother :oops:
I still think it could be beeter, but i get what you say, it looks good without shaping and you're not the first one to tell me it reminds of a peackok haha
I still wan't to make it better, and maybe some day in the not so near future i'll diagram it or make a CP.
good luck with the other fox cp.
polistes
Forum Sensei

Post by polistes »

with the fox cp you need to sink the hind leg flaps and raise the rear mane flap and pull it towards the head then pull the front mane towards the legs. all you need to do after that is play about with the tail flaps until they all fall into place. good luck :)
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

To Iwvi and Polistes: Thanks, I'm gonna need the luck.

As for Polistes, thanks for the help, I thought it was a sink but I wasn't sure. Just goes to show how good I am with cps :oops:
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

Whew, you were right about murder Polistes, this cp is simple to solve but hard to fold. I have basically (meaning I do but it looks nothing like the original) the entire fox except for the forelimbs. I know you probably already explained this (edit:you did), but I'm still not sure how the forelimbs work. How do I place them underneath the fox?

I'm sorry I don't really get it polistes, please bear with me. :oops:
polistes
Forum Sensei

Post by polistes »

flame_kurosei I have uploaded some photos on my flickr that should help

sorry for the poor quality of photos
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

Wow Polistes, thanks! :D I'm going to start right now!

EDIT: I finally completed it! Crumpled, and slightly (okay, very) deformed, but I did it. Sadly, I have no camera to post a pic (my ancient one broke down :oops: ), but I still feel accomplished. (not that I would want to post my fold of it anyway...it's a little...paper-splayed let's say)
Harpseal
Buddha

Re: Nine Tailed Foxes?

Post by Harpseal »

There is a crease pattern for the pokemon ninetails. Assuming you don't mean that, that may be your next pursuit as far as canine creatures with nine tails go.
'Death, taxes and teddy bears- three things you can always rely on'
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
[url=http://%20the-intelligence-division.bandcamp.com]My bandcamp page[/url]
Flame_Kurosei

Re: Nine Tailed Foxes?

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

Please post a link to that cp harpseal!!
A tiny place to post my things. Enjoy~
http://flamekurosei.deviantart.com/