Great Dane model

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
OrigamiJon

Great Dane model

Post by OrigamiJon »

Hi everyone. This is my first post! I've been looking for a model of a Great Dane dog or something very similar to fold. I've seen a few pictures of some really nice designs, but never found any diagrams or cp's. Any help is much appreciated.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

there are no great dane designs that i know of.

that said, your closest approximations, imho, are montroll's "four-legged mammal" base and some of ronald koh's dogs.

montroll's base is diagrammed in "origami sculptures." there is a boxer in there already that could probably be further modified to look more like a great dane (to which it already looks pretty close). or you could use the base and design your own great dane.

ronald koh has also designed many deep-chested, long-limbed dogs, like the whipple, which could probably be modified to look more like a great dane.
OrigamiJon

Post by OrigamiJon »

Thanks for the reply. I'll see what I can do with the mammal base and Koh's dogs. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something.
frankscott39

Re: Great Dane model

Post by frankscott39 »

okay then I will be waiting for your reply with some solution !
roshan

Post by roshan »

Even I searched a lot for origami Great Dane models so that I could help you. What I came across was a list of origami animals that you could make .But in that list there was the model for dog in general but not Great Dane in particular. Hope this helped.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

There is a great Dane model by eric Joisel. But I don't think a crease pattern or diagrams are avaliabe.