Hi there

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
Marx

Hi there

Post by Marx »

I'm new and I thought I'd introduce myself. Hi!
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

hello Marx, welcome to the board. take a seat and have fun :)
origami_8
Administrator

Re: Hi there

Post by origami_8 »

Welcome on board Marx!
Marx wrote:I thought I'd introduce myself.
Do so, it´s always nice to hear a little bit about the persons writing here :)
Marx

Thanks!

Post by Marx »

Thank you very much. Hope I'll be happy here. I think I will be. Hey now, I have one question, and would be greatly obliged if someone could help me out with it. I know about all the different sorts of foldings and complex models out there. I should say most, not to sound arrogant. Put it this way, I've been folding for a good portion of my cognative life, and know what I think are most of the ropes. The only problem is, I would absolutely love to be able to buy some of the books I see online. I look at the model pictures and can usually find out how to make the model from that and the crease pattern (just figured out Satoshi's Wizard the other day, if that's any indication of where I'm at), but I'm really looking for how to get a hold of hard copy paid-for diagrams, like the stuff in Tanteidan Magazine. I know I can subscribe online, but would it be worth it to do? Or where could I possibly acquire a copy of Works of Kamiya Satoshi 1995-2003? I would love to just be able to go to a book store and buy one, but the people at the places near me already know who I am, and I'm starting to get afraid, because every time I go in there, they tell me "No, we still don't have Satoshi." And I just cry and slink away. So could you help me?

Greatly Appreciated.
thut

Post by thut »

Works of Satoshi Kamiya can be purchased at origami house http://www.origamihouse.jp/index.html
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

Or where could I possibly acquire a copy of Works of Kamiya Satoshi 1995-2003?
you should probably give us the country, where you're living in. people in europa would order the book from another store than the americans would do :)
Marx

Post by Marx »

Well it is the US that I'm living in. Pretty cliche, an American who seems to believe that there would be no possibility of someone living in another country. If I'm going to end up ordering it, then I could look it up all over the place. I was just wondering if there was a physical place I could just walk into and they'd hand me the book, look me deep in the eye and say "Go, time is of the essence." Then I'd run home and just fold like mad! Thanks for everyone's help!
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

you got 2 choices to buy it online : origamihouse & sasugabooks
but you can probably buy it offline in origamido, it's an origami shop in Haverville, MA. (www.origamido.com)
I personnaly bought several books at sasugabooks, but in fact I had to wait for sasugabooks to get the books for origamihouse, so if the book is in origamihouse, buy it directly at origamihouse.
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

There's also the Source, OUSA's online shop.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

ook me deep in the eye and say "Go, time is of the essence." Then I'd run home and just fold like mad!
well, besides the fact that you obviously already have gone insane just a blink before the decision to buy that book (so it probably wouldn't make any difference whatever you do), you forgot the prostration and the praying before getting the book: "I AM NOT WORTHY!!!!" Image
Marx

Post by Marx »

TheRealChris wrote:
ook me deep in the eye and say "Go, time is of the essence." Then I'd run home and just fold like mad!
well, besides the fact that you obviously already have gone insane just a blink before the decision to buy that book (so it probably wouldn't make any difference whatever you do), you forgot the prostration and the praying before getting the book: "I AM NOT WORTHY!!!!" Image
Ah, good point. And I haven't had my sanity for years. Trust me on that. Oh and by the way, you guys are very helpful and welcoming. For that I thank you. The only thing I think that I will fold before getting the book is my knees in prayer. I can see it now. I'm going to walk in. The person at the desk will be talking to someone at the counter and helping them, and out of the corner of his thick-rimmed glasses, he'll look at me and smirk just a little bit. Then I'll walk up to the desk, and the person will have turned by now and is facing me. The customer is just standing there, holding their book, aghast that he or she is not being helped anymore. The cashier will reach under the desk and hand me a gold-foiled packet. He'll look me in the eye and mouth "Go, little one, for it awaits." Then, as if possessed by Satoshi himself, I'll go home, sit down and fold every single model out of one single sheet of paper. It will not be cut. It will be an ULTRA-pure folding. All the models will be miniature, even the 270+ Ancient Dragon. They will all be attatched on the same sheet of paper, and I will carry it in my pocket and just take it out to show people. Things will be good.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

... you forgot the voice: "if you fold it, he will come" :shock:
Marx

Post by Marx »

My mistake. And "he' is Satoshi. I know it. I can feel his presence.