Hello from Sunny World

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
leantower60

Hello from Sunny World

Post by leantower60 »

Hello there,
My name is something else, but you can call me Lemon. I've been folding paper since middle school and recently formed an origami club at my school. I hope this forum will help me increase my origami skills and let me expand my knowledge. :) That's all for now.
LeafPiece

Re: Hello from Sunny World

Post by LeafPiece »

Welcome! I thought it would be fun to fold with others, so I regret not forming a club when I was in school. How's it going?
leantower60

Post by leantower60 »

Well...I haven't had a formal meeting with my members, but it will be soon. We're starting from basics since not many people at my school know how to fold. It's too bad that you didn't form one. If you had, what would you have done? What models would you have taught?
LeafPiece

Post by LeafPiece »

Good question. I personally like plant origami, but it would depend on what the group wanted so I would have had to ask them. We actually folded a little in our regular art club, but it was just boxes and stuff to help distribute other gifts around the holidays.
leantower60

Post by leantower60 »

Your idea of boxes and little gifts isn't bad. I might just use your idea during the holidays. When you say plant origami, are you referring to flowers? Personally, I love to fold flowers but I like folding animals and action models, especially since I often get bored in class, but that's me. Do you have a favorite model or a favorite origami "artist"?
LeafPiece

Post by LeafPiece »

Yes, flowers and foliage - I hardly fold anything else. At the moment, I don't have a favorite model or artist. I haven't done much with origami for the past couple years while I was in school, but now I'm able to fold more. :D
leantower60

Post by leantower60 »

Yeah. With school, I don't usually find time to fold origami except maybe sometimes in class during lectures or when I get bored. Half the time I fold paper to distract myself from other people but it does help me concentrate though. :D Hm. Flowers and foliage... I'm thinking of folding some kind of flower for my friend for her birthday but she doesn't have a preference when it comes to flowers. Any flowers with diagrams online you would like to recommend?
LeafPiece

Post by LeafPiece »

Hmmm, I haven't folded anything from a diagram in a long time. Search the forum - that's what it's here for! :D