Hello from Lee County, Florida, United States

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
LeeCountyOrigami

Hello from Lee County, Florida, United States

Post by LeeCountyOrigami »

Hello,

I have been searching for quite a while and finally found an active origami forum. There are several out there that are dead or dying. At any rate, I am happy I've found you.

I'll start by telling you a little about myself and what I hope to get out of this forum. As you have already seen in the subject line, I live in Lee County, Florida, United States. I operate an Origami Club through our local rec center, but it's currently on hiatus. My first experience with origami was during college when I had to give a presentation on how to do something. I couldn't think of anything, so I got a book entitled "The Complete Book of Origami" by Robert Lang. I made several of the figures for demos, and instructed the group in making a white-faced mouse. I've practiced origami off and on since then.

Other than origami, my interests include cartooning, and, on occasion, auto mechanics. Favorite shows include House M.D., The Following, Criminal Minds and Regular Show...yea yuh!!! I don't buy many CDs, but the last one I bought was Black Sabbath 13. I like a lot of different music, but always seem to return to the hard rock/heavy metal type stuff.

My hopes in joining this forum is that I can learn about diagramming using Inkscape, and how to maintain a club. Hopefully I'll have things to contribute to help other members.

Thanks for stopping by to read my post and I hope to make many online friends.
JamesOrigami490

Re: Hello from Lee County, Florida, United States

Post by JamesOrigami490 »

Welcome, LeeCountyOrigami! I hope you have a wonderful time on these forums!
Hi! I'm James, in 7th grade, and an avid paperfolder/writer.
My imgur
My Website