Hi! Young folder from Turkey

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
Can Cebeci

Hi! Young folder from Turkey

Post by Can Cebeci »

My name is Can Cebeci. And yes,I am a sixteen year old folder (i like using the word 'origamist' though) from Turkey. I have been folding for 3,5 years now. I am not THAT experienced but i am not too bad either. I think i did well in three years. Nowadays I am trying to fold CP's. I read the topic about how to fold CP's but any advice I get would be nice.
Models i folded using CP's are:
-Kamiya's Ryujin 1.2
-Komatsu's Gİrls BP
-Joisel's Dwarf
-Tadashi Mori's Baby Dragon
-Guspath's Kyuubi (thanks for helping me on that one)
-Ivan Danny Handoko's Pikachu (recommended for eveyone)
-Andres Sanchez's Minotaur
-Hongyi Wan's Phoenix.

I also do archery and play the violin. I watch anime (Code Geass is my favourite) and play League of Legends. My favourite designer is Satoshi Kamiya. I have been teaching origami at my school for 5 months. I have 22 students and work 3 hours a week with them. I really want an origami club I can work with since I am alone in the world of origami. I would like to meet origamists who are from Turkey or at my age. Any suggestion you do for my class may help me and them.

My goal is folding the Ryujin 3.5

The only paper I used except for regular A4 printer paper is Nicolas Terry Tissue Foil and I am not really satisfied with it but I will ask for help on papers in another topic.

I am new to this forum and I would like to meet anyone I can. The thing i like the most about origami community is everyone is so sincere and helpful. The topic about baseball cap with wings is a clear example. Feel free to message me for anything.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading

P.S. :I would be happy if someone suggested me CP's I can try to fold.
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Re: Hi! Young folder from Turkey

Post by Razzmatazz »

Welcome to the forum! Take a look at the search function for crease patterns, I am sure there are dozens of topics on it.
Kundalini

Post by Kundalini »

Wellcome

i suggested buy and read "origami design secrets" 2nd edition (it's more complete than ODS first edition). It's hard to read (it was for me, because english is not natural to me). It's not like other origami books, this one is designing.

Paper recommendation ...i am still in searching. i suggest you to read about MC (methilcelulose)

A suggestion, if you are a teacher maybe you should teach an introduction to design. Always i had wanted a teacher in origami designing.
Can Cebeci

Post by Can Cebeci »

It would be nice to teach how to design if I knew it myself :) I knew about the book though and I was planning on reading it. Do you think it really teaches you how to design stuff? And I stated making my own tissue foil to get the best paper. It solved all of my problems. If you haven't tried that yet I highly recommend you to.
BlueFireOrigami

Post by BlueFireOrigami »

ODS contains lots of information on design techniques, and it isn't just a case of reading the book and you will be able to design great looking models. As with everything else to do with origami, only practice can make you better.

It is also a good idea to study CP's and take note of certain patterns you see in those. Most CP's have patterns in them which can be found in many other models: these small patterns are called molecules. Using these molecules and some of the info in ODS, you should be able to design a decent enough model.

However, this isn't a design page, it's for introductions so I won't go into too much detail. Many other folders can tell you more about this topic.

Regards,

Blue
For free internet diagrams for Satoshi Kamiya's Ancient Dragon,
click the link: http://goo.gl/Y8SxM
Can Cebeci

Post by Can Cebeci »

I started reading it