Hello! from Montreal, Canada

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
Origami_Sunshine

Hello! from Montreal, Canada

Post by Origami_Sunshine »

Glad to join this forum! Been browsing it for many years, joined it way back under another name (too long ago to remember) but have a changed philosophy about origami now. I started off with stars, 3D origami with triangle units, and some modulars, but a few years ago I somehow got into more complex things. Origami-shop.com also helped me expand my horizons, because I got so many books and paper to be able to fold more complex things :)

As someone who has a medical condition, day to day life is hard -- but I know I can always turn to folding. My goal is to share the joy of origami with other people, and one way I do that is by volunteering in different places.

I guess I finally joined the forum because… well, I wanted to join in! I also just made a Flickr, I think it's nice to be able to share your own pictures and appreciate those of others. If you have a chance, please take a look at my newly-made Flickr and maybe add me as a friend (if that's how it works -- still have to figure it out!). One thing I should add -- teddy bears are my pride and joy, and I have tons of them. So I kinda started a new thing in origami -- taking pictures of origami with teddy bears! They're really cute. I'll be adding a lot more pics gradually, I have taken them already!
My Flickr -- Please come take a look!
- Teddies are awesome. -
phillipcurl

Re: Hello! from Montreal, Canada

Post by phillipcurl »

Welcome (back) to the forum!
Once I get on the computer, I'll follow you. Your horses you folded recently are really nicely done.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
SDScott72

Post by SDScott72 »

Hello my friend welcome back to the forum, and I'm going to check out your Flickr. I've also been around and just now joining in the discussion.

Peace
SDScotty72
Origami_Sunshine

Thank you both!
- Teddies are awesome. -
Can Cebeci

Post by Can Cebeci »

I think I recognize some of your models on this flickr from Sara Adam,who I think is a doing a really important job helping starters. But they are all folded and photographed nicely. Good Job! And do you have the CP for tesselated hydraenga?
Origami_Sunshine

Can Cebeci wrote:I think I recognize some of your models on this flickr from Sara Adam,who I think is a doing a really important job helping starters. But they are all folded and photographed nicely. Good Job! And do you have the CP for tesselated hydraenga?
Thank you for the nice words! Yep, a couple models are from Sara Adams' videos, which are very well done. For a while though I'm folding more from diagrams, I like the challenge!

For the Hydrangea, I think I used a pdf of Peter Budai's "Patterned Tiles". It has diagrams for high, low, and intermediate density tiling. It was once available here on dev.origami.org, the link doesn't work for me though. It seems Peter Budai has it for sale on his website now.
- Teddies are awesome. -