You had me at hello

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
Chouhartem

You had me at hello

Post by Chouhartem »

Hi there,

I’m Fabrice, 22 years old, computer science student, French.

For a most origamistic presentation, I started origami at 18 (so not a long time ago then) with a friend who told me: “fold the Joisel's rat from diagram”, so I tried and tried. It is not easy to go through step 15 when the most complex origami you folded is a lily you know :)
Then after one week of trials, I finally managed to do it \o/
I was so happy I folded it again and again. Then I tried Komatsu’s horse, with overconfidence for two weeks… without success, then I gave up origami for two month. Then a day I found the diagram on my desk and tried it without any hope… and it worked o_O
Since then I kept folding for a while until past two summers, where I folded the Kamiya's ancient dragon… I was then disgusted of folding too complex designs, and stays on my intermediate-high folds.
During this time I moved in Lyon, where I discovered the LUO convention, and I went there for the last 3 years. I also met Kaze (from the French origami forum) who came to my university a year after and with whom I fold weekly in my school origami club. He encouraged me to continue and to do my own designs, which are never complicated (folding a paper totally at random doesn’t lead to very complicated origami) and you can see some of them in my flickr, between some other author's folds :D

Then I’m here to share more with other folders :)

Cheers,
– Chouhartem
phillipcurl

Re: You had me at hello

Post by phillipcurl »

Cool story and welcome to the forum. Nice folds by the way.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
SinthiaV

Re: You had me at hello

Post by SinthiaV »

I that your deathhead moth design? It's great.