Hi!

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
sqljules

Hi!

Post by sqljules »

It is exciting to find a forum that is still active like this! It reminds me a lot of high school. :)

My name is Jules. I am 30 and I live in Colorado. I have been folding origami since I was 18, but when I was a lot younger I loved to play with paper. I would make weavings and charms out of notebook paper while I was supposed to be paying attention in class. So finally I decided I would try cranes and stars with old Christmas wrapping paper and the rest was history! I mostly fold modulars and boxes. I joined here because I learned about the Origami Olympiad and thought it was a really cool concept! i have been wanting to push myself to the next level with my folding, and I feel like training for it would be a great way to do that. I also want to connect with more people in the origami community. I love what a vast community it is! I also collect origami paper quite voraciously.

I also do a lot of knitting. I am usually knitting for months on end and then I switch and do lots of origami. Lately I have been knitting socks. I love to find hand-dyed yarn by local artists. I work in IT and am going to school for Database Administration. I live with my fiance (in fact, we are getting married exactly 6 months from today!) and my cat. I am very active on Twitter and Instagram (ok and on Tumblr too... and Facebook...). I have a Flickr but I haven't updated it in quite some time, but it does have a lot of photos of what I fold. I am on Ravelry too, if there are any other knitters here!
origami_8
Administrator

Re: Hi!

Post by origami_8 »

Hello and welcome on board!
Good to have you here. :-)
Sounds like you have a lot of interesting hobbies. I'm looking forward to read from you.
Have a good time!