I'm new + A question

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
dj_silver

I'm new + A question

Post by dj_silver »

Hi, I'm new at this page. I've been looking at this website and I found it very interesting and very educational

I'm a 21 year old boy from Argentina, whose interest in Origami it's newly born, so for now I'm trying different designs and I'm not focus in anything.

I founded out a design (http://www.josephwu.com/Files/PDF/chess.pdf) of chess figures. It really catch my attention because I really like the form of the pieces, they are very nice.

In case you don't know it, the pieces are made all from the same base pattern. So you start 4 steps and you continue form there until step 10 and then to 12. From step 4 you start the knight and the rook. From step 10 you start the pawn and the king and from step 12 you start bishop and queen.

The problem that I have is that between step 5 and 7 there isn't a 6, so I don't know if it's missing or something, because I can't pass from there. I supposed to do the "minor miracle" fold, but I don't know how to do it.

Finally my question. Could you explain me how to do the "minor miracle" (with a diagram if possible)? Or, could you tell my if this especial folding has another name, because I tried to look it up on the net, but I didn't find it.

Thanks for reading all this

And special thanks if you can answer me
halogen64

Post by halogen64 »

Hey dj_silver welcome to the forum. I think the lack of a step 6 is just a misprint. You just need to do a rabbit ear on the front and back. Then to get from 7 to 8, rotate the flaps and then rabbit ear the two remaining flaps. That should get you to step 9. Good luck!
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

The minor miracle is something of an inside joke. It means that if your model has a few flaps arranged like the pages of a book, flip one flap on the right to the left - just as though you turn one page of the book. Then, turn the model over, and repeat the "flap turning".
dj_silver

Post by dj_silver »

Ok guys. You been a great help. I'll try it and the next time I'll tell you how good (let's hope so) or bad was the result