Constructive Criticism for Fold-It

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
~folder~of~paper~

Constructive Criticism for Fold-It

Post by ~folder~of~paper~ »

I've begun a blog as a holiday project.

Fold-It

OK, so it's not incredibly good, but it'd be great if you could visit it and give me some feedback. (Make it constructive please because otherwise you might crush the spirit behind a perfectly good idea...)

Because my connection is crummy, it takes a while to update.

Thanks times 1,000,000
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Nice blog! Might want to cut back on the highlighting, but it's still well done.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

and again dark-red font on a black background. are you guys so afraid of colours, that you refuse to use them?

it may sound a bit weird, but I really have problems with reading the red text within this colour-enviroment. maybe my age is the cause or my quite old monitor?
Some kind of logo would really be nice. if you need assistance with creating a logo, I would be happy to help you with it :)
I don't know how you created the blog, but the welcome part should probably be on top instead of right to the new entries???

am I a nitpicker? yes I am Image

don't get me wrong, Darcie, I like your blog.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Well, I can help with most of that stuff... You can actually move the welcome part right above the posts without having to re-write everything. Just click and drag, as far as I can remember.
And also, maybe you should move the definition of Origami to the welcome section. That part below the title is a bit crowded.

What do you mean by logo, Chris? Do you mean like the logo Gerwin has for a title on his blog? (here)
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

yes.
~folder~of~paper~

Post by ~folder~of~paper~ »

Thanks guys.

SO FAR...

I've reduced the red.

I moved the welcome which looks a lot better, thankyou Cuppy.

I added the description to the welcome which I don't particularly like the look of. Maybe I could make it a text box or a blog.

I made my own logo. I didn't particularly spend much time on it but it should do for now. I did a makeshift one to take up the space the description used to use. If you could help me with a logo that would be fantastic, Chris.

Looks much better; thankyou for your help!
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Nice logo... its interesting...
You might be right about the description, though. Maybe you could do what I did (except for commissions, instead of a description): Write up a blog article about the description, and then put a link from the welcome section saying "If you don't already know what origami is, then <link>click here</link>" or something along those lines...
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs