Introductions

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
phillipcurl

Re: Introductions

Post by phillipcurl »

Calliman - Welcome to the forum! I love your use "retired" when you only 15 :)
Hope you enjoy your stay!

Michael - Welcome to the forum, buddy!

Palan - Welcome, I'm sure you can find help with the AD on here. We have around 300 topics on it. If you need help with anything, be sure not to make a new topic on it, though ;P

Kasairyuu - I hope it can too! Enjoy your stay.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
BabyMunchkinZ

Post by BabyMunchkinZ »

Hi guys! I'm really excited about joining this forum because i had just started origami a few days ago and have so far made a crane, and a butterfly, but have enjoyed it way beyond that. I hope I can learn more and get deeper into origami through this website. Bye! :)
msandler2009

Post by msandler2009 »

Hello,
I am a new member of the forum. I found Origami when I was 9. My first piece of origami was a japanese crane. I love making complex structures and I'll always accept a challenge.
Thank You
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

Welcome you two, BabyMunchkinZ and msandler2009
ETMOrigami

Post by ETMOrigami »

Hi everyone! My name is Ethan Martin. I live in Houston, Texas in the U.S. I got my start in folding when I was 8 years old when I got my first origami book from my grandmother. I am currently 12 and a half years old and enjoy folding many complex models. I am a HUGE Satoshi Kamiya fan. I have recently ventured into crease patterns but finding models to work my way up from has been difficult. My ultimate goal now is to fold the Ryuzin 3.5 but I have a feeling that I have a long way to go in preperations.
-Ethan Martin,
the friend of any origamist

My flickr
ale_b

Post by ale_b »

Hi everybody! :D

My name is Alessio and i'm from Italy. I'm 25, and i've started folding almost a year ago "by chance" (i needed to use a certain software for a university project, its logo was an origami :P ).
I started folding simple traditional models, then i moved on something more difficult, mainly Shafer's and Kamiya's models, and i bought my first origami book, Origami Design Secrets by Lang (awesome book).

Now i can fold many complex models from various authors; i also started folding something from cp (both circle packed and boxpleated models).
One of these days i hope i'll start designing something myself :)
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

Hi there. :)

My name is Joanna, I'm from Poland and after some time spent on folding in childchood I would like to come back to origami art :) The years ago there were no Internet (!) ;), and now there is so many free diagrams and tutorials! Awesome :D. Since tomorrow I've already folded a few models and just can't stop :D

I'm very glad I found this forum. Your works are really inspiring.
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

Welcome Ethan, Alessio, and Joanna! I hope you enjoy your stay, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
Saib Origami

Post by Saib Origami »

hello everybody !

my names Saib, im from Pakistan and study in 9th grade ! Origami is in he top of the list as compared to my other hobbies :D ! i am into arts since the age of 4 , drawing and doodling cartoon characters at that age :P , and started Origami since the age of 7 . I started it from youtube learning simple things like cranes and stuff , my first origami model was an elephant ( I dont know who's the designer ) , from youtube i moved on to little intermediate stuff like going to google and searching simple books , the first book was insects and their kin ( by Robert .J Lang ) , and then step by step i moved onto further complex models like the ancient and bahamut dragon , and by doing so now that im almost 14 , but still 13,i have reached the level where i have also accomplished to fold the Ryujin 2.1 by Satohsi Kamiya :D In my opinion Satoshi's the best origami designer yet !

So this was my intro guys :D Hope you all will be my friends
hello once again :D
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

Welcome to the origami forum, Saib!
I see you are quite good at knowing how to fold things, and I think it is important as you progress to fold slowly and cleanly!

I checked out your Facebook and Flickr and I have to say you got some sweet folds there. Hope you stick around.
Saib Origami

Post by Saib Origami »

thank u very much razz :D im glad u like em !
Tahaorigami

Post by Tahaorigami »

Welcome to the forum Saib. :D
Saib Origami

Post by Saib Origami »

:wink: thanks taha
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

Welcome to the forum, Saib! :D
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!
owlygami

Post by owlygami »

Hello everyone! I'm chok and I'm new here. hahaha
I've been an origami fan for as long as I can remember.
My first origami book and probably the best gift I've ever received would be The Encyclopedia of Origami by Nick Robinson. it was so fun to read and I've read it cover to cover numerous times and folded all diagrams dozens of times.
Then internet happened. hahaha i was so amazed that there were lots more origamists than the ones that were on my book.
I don't have that much friends who like doing origami so I can't really share my origami interests with them but thanks to this forum I can make new friends (hopefully :mrgreen: ). I hope we can be good friends!! :lol: