New to Origami

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
danielorama

New to Origami

Post by danielorama »

Hey guys,
I am new to Origami and thought that I would introduce myself on this forum as I would like advice and to just generally get some inspiration. I can make a lot of the simple animals such as basic dragons (cranes with legs and folded wings), crane's and a few more. I can also build ninja stars (which I know are VERY basic). I am eager to go onto the more advanced stuff... but there is one thing I really don't like reverse folds I would like some advice on how you do it as I really don't get it. Also do you guys know any good origami books for making some more advanced dragons I mean nothing as complicated as Satoshi Kamiya but something with a bit more detail.

Thanks,
Daniel
orislater
Buddha

Re: New to Origami

Post by orislater »

after a while reverse folds get easier. i remember i used to hate him but now compared to the stuff i fold (or attempt) its not very bad haha. just wait until you have to do a closed unsink! :D but i promise if you practise reverse folds they get alot easier.
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
Pop pop

Post by Pop pop »

yes the reverse fold when i started origami was like to me a complex fold i will never forget that and the closed sinks it was like folding the ryu jin hahahaha man memories and try folding the crane the last step is a reverse fold the open sink fold those where pain in the butt
My youtube account please check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/user/thefolder1? ... sults_main
danielorama

Post by danielorama »

ok thanks guys,
I guess it is just a case of practice then