Origami Malaysia

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

Yes. I use ordinary kitchen foil, spray adhesive and crepe paper (artist's tissue). I get spray glue from the shop behind my school in Damansara Utama (Sin Yoon Seng). In Taman Tun, there is a stationery shop called Jasema Enterprise (I hope you know where that is). They sell A LOT of crepe paper. Too bad they don't have green...
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr
themacgyver

Post by themacgyver »

Hello,

You are really an "Angrydemon" =) Very nice gallery and designs you have there. I like your Bahumut design with the gold and black tissue foil. Its hard to find good paper here in Penang.

Last week, I just ordered Work of Satoshi Kamiya book from Japan. Hopefully, I can get the book end of the month :roll:

Anyone here bought the book?
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

My Kamiya book arrived on Monday! I ordered from Sasuga Books. It took about 2 weeks to deliver. By the way, that wasn't black and gold tissue foil. I just took a sheet of gold foil paper and painted the white side black.

I wish you would be more active in the forums. It's very lonely here. I think all the folders in Malaysia could fit inside my bathroom Image
My Flickr
themacgyver

Post by themacgyver »

Will try to check this forum on a daily basis. Ya, its a bit lonely here from Malaysians point of view. But I guess your bathroom must be quite big :lol:

I ordered the book through Origami House.

Anyway, your Bahamut still looks good with the dual colors =)
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

The only problem is that the head is the same color as chest plate. The head, arms, legs, tail and wings are suppose to be different from the chest plate, as in the original Bahamut (from FF7). We should hold an origami convention here or something. And when I say an origami convention, I mean 6 wierdos meeting in a tiny apartment with a few rolls of colored paper.
Last edited by angrydemon on May 13th, 2008, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Flickr
themacgyver

Post by themacgyver »

Maybe we can plan an online convention for a start :) ? Conferencing using IM. I'm afraid that we can only stand if 6 of us meet in that tiny apartment 8)

I understand its difficult to have color-change precisely with such complex model.
themacgyver

Post by themacgyver »

Yesterday, I finally received "Works of Satoshi Kamiya" from Japan :D Will start to fold all the models in the book when free, especially the Ancient Dragon.

I remember phienix99 held some sort of origami presentation in KL previously after reading his blog. Once a while, I did see some free origami demostrations given by Japanese societies in Malaysia.
phienix99

Post by phienix99 »

sorry ya.. i was away for some time =)
ya i held small exhibition at Pavillion's times bookstore. hehe.
it is a nice idea to hold an exhibition together, all of us =) i have msn account. we can discuss there
nobody hates origami
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

I notice that you are "away for some time" very often Image Do you know anyone else who folds origami? I've yet to meet one myself :( Was the exhibition organized only by your family members?
My Flickr
phienix99

Post by phienix99 »

i do know a few through friendster . ha ha. ya the exhibition is done by me , with the help of my brothers and sister
nobody hates origami
themacgyver

Post by themacgyver »

I also haven't really know any origamist in my circle of friends. Although some of them wanted to learn after looking at the models but they only want simple folds. Hopefully, can convince them to learn up more =)
amylela

hiii

Post by amylela »

i also from malaysia-Perak. my passionate to origami since i was at secondary school. Now i have made my own blog for all origami i did.

I'm glad to share my interest to all of you :D [/i]
Huge collections of Origami Video. Check it out!!
http://origamivideo4u.blogspot.com
alisher_navoi

Post by alisher_navoi »

Welcome to the group amylela!
themacgyver wrote:Anyone here bought the book?
I got the book signed from Kamiya himself when he came to Australia. He's brought about 2 dozen of them. This was in 2005
lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 »

Hi

I have not come here for a while.

I am from JB but staying and working in Singapore. My website: www.lhs1701.com

There are a number of origami enthusiasts in Singapore. In fact, we meet the first Sunday of every month. Should anyone of you comes to Singapore, do email any one of us, better still, planned for it to coincide with the first Sunday of the month,
jojotoar

Post by jojotoar »

Hi!!!
I'm not from Malaysia but I'm from Indonesia...( it's still south east asia..)