folders in california

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
Pop pop

Post by Pop pop »

yeah home
My youtube account please check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/user/thefolder1? ... sults_main
PhillipORigami
Location: Mars. For those people who take life seriously, CA.

Post by PhillipORigami »

I am in CA.
E=mc^2- Exellence= MC on a square

...or CMC....
PhillipORigami
Location: Mars. For those people who take life seriously, CA.

Post by PhillipORigami »

I am in CA.
E=mc^2- Exellence= MC on a square

...or CMC....
Folderfugate

Re: folders in california

Post by Folderfugate »

Hey all, I was looking around for fellow folders in or around the Sacramento area, anyone near here?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forum Fiend v1.2.8.
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

For sure! We have an origami group that meets once per month in Davis.

*edit* necropost, sorry y'all. I haven't been here in awhile.
Foldingsmith

Re:

Post by Foldingsmith »

Sorage55 wrote:Hmph, i'm nowhere near expert, i'm down near San Diego. Sadly, I haven't been to or heard of any origami societies, or gatherings around this boring city. -.-'
I know you posted this over 4 years ago; but FYI, I'm sure the San Diego group that V'Ann Cornelius used to head still meets together. Arnold Tubis might head it. I used to see Stephen Hecht attend meetings there, too.

Out in the LA area, we have

West Coast Origami Guild
The WCOG holds meetings on the second Saturday of the month. The monthly (second Saturday, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM) meetings are graciously hosted by the Cahuenga branch of the LA library in the basement auditorium at 4591 Santa Monica Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA.

5th Saturday meetings at a member's house- Carol Stevens, in the Garden Grove/Anaheim area, from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

Another member, Marti Reis, hosts a gathering on the 1st Sunday of the month in Garden Grove, as well. Times are the same. Marti's house has an amazing puzzle collection!

For those in the Orange County area:

Origami -- Kai (Orange County, CA)
3rd Saturday of the Month from 10:00 to 12:00 at F.S. Nursery
2720 W. Ball Rd.
Anaheim, Ca 92804

Also on the 3rd Saturday there is a group that meets at the Malaga Cove library:

http://www.pvldfriends.org/origami-clas ... alaga-cove

I think it starts at 2pm based upon that link.

Pacific Ocean Paperfolders (POP) headed by Joel Stern (formerly run by the late Dorothy Engelman) and meets in the Beverly Hills area- Roxbury Park Rec Center, located on Roxbury Drive between Pico and Olympic. Meetings from 1-4 pm This is on the 4th Sunday.
Ponadr

Post by Ponadr »

I'm in San Diego. I usually attend the Greater San Diego Origami Group's meetings. It's headed by Arnold Tubis.
Foldingsmith

Post by Foldingsmith »

Hey All,

I'm in the process of collecting up diagrams for the 2017 PCOC (Pacific Coast Origami Conference) convention book. It is in Los Angeles next year and I hope many of you will attend. If anyone is interested in submitting diagrams for possible inclusion, let me know. Especially if you are a designer who is native to Southern California. We are definitely looking for submissions from localized creators.

If anyone is interested, just drop me a message here or in private.

Update for origami meet-ups at Marti's house: OFF (Origami For Fun) no longer meets on the 1st Sunday of the month, but upon the 2nd Sunday, 1pm-whenever, basically. Usually 4 or 5pm. Although I think people have sometimes stayed as late as 7pm.

Michila Caldera heads RUFF (Rosamond Upbeat Folding Fanatics) meetings on the First Tuesday, at the
Rosamond Library, 5-7pm.

Jared Needle is also part of a small group started by Travis Taft that meet at either 3rd or 4th Saturdays at the Palisades library, 1pm.

https://www.lapl.org/whats-on/events/origami-club-4

Sadly, WCOG appears to be beyond life-support. At least as far as the Cahuenga Library attendance goes. I understand that newbies are still showing up; but with Bennett Arnstein at a healthcare facility and none of the other members of the old guard able to lead, it's pretty much flatlined there. Unofficially.