Calling all origami enthusiasts in the Philippines

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
topquark

Calling all origami enthusiasts in the Philippines

Post by topquark »

I've always loved origami but I haven't started taking it seriously until very recently. It's difficult to follow the instructions here in the forum though because some of the materials (like elephant hide) are unavailable. There are a lot of different types of paper here though that might be good origami paper (homemade abaca paper, for instance).

Are there other origami enthusiasts from the Philippines? I think we should meet and discuss and learn from each other. Post your ideas here.
philipinorigami101

Post by philipinorigami101 »

well, i'm philippino, but in the US. plus, I'm 12, but happy to see someone else who is philippino an does origami :)
mpbd08

Post by mpbd08 »

I'm from Quezon City, Philippines. I'm only 13 but I can do really complex origami. The hardest figure I folded is Satoshi Kamiya's ancient dragon. I'm happy to see some people in the Philippines take interest in this art.
sakuramaster

origami

Post by sakuramaster »

i am filipino, 13 but in new zealand. am very enthusiastic with origami,i have been doing it since 9 years old. very inspired with the forum.
This is our cry.
This is our prayer.
Peace to the world.
jvargas90

Post by jvargas90 »

i was born in manila but im residing in the US, 19 years old and have been folding for 10 years
Draco

Post by Draco »

another Filipino but in the u.s.
though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light, for i have loved the stars to fondly to be fearful of the night
waya

Re: Calling all origami enthusiasts in the Philippines

Post by waya »

Hello,

I'm 22 yr old from the Philippines,

and I bought this book of Robert Lang about the Mathematical Theory of Origami.

I was just wondering if anyone from Manila is an origami master who can do really complex origami that can tutor me with this?

I have been self studying but I feel that the japanese paper I'm using is too thick and it would be nice to have a teacher too or enrol in a class :) if anyone can help me, I would really really appreciate it.

you can message me in facebook
facebook.com/ihtim

or email me
mithi.sevilla AT gmail DOT com

thank you!
DragonFold

Post by DragonFold »

One paper I found very good here:
Onion skin paper (it's very thin which is good for complex origami but it is small though, I usually glued several of these together to make a large square)

If anybody here knows where to get methyl cellulose here, please share :)
jquin3

Post by jquin3 »

HI, I'm also from and living in the Philippines. Methyl cellulose is just wallpaper glue so you can ask for it in big hardware stores.
dren0ma

Post by dren0ma »

anyone know where to buy good papers here in metro manila? so far ive used the "japanese paper" sold at bookstores as tissue paper.. aside from that i dont know where to find good papers..
Radiant_Howl2628

Post by Radiant_Howl2628 »

I'm Filipino but residing in the U.S being 19 and only been folding for 3 years but it's glad to see folders from the Philippines :)
Romie Halabaso

Post by Romie Halabaso »

Hi! I'm a Pinoy origamist, right here in Manila! I have my origami blog at http://romigami.wordpress.com
Folding and unfolding, the universe is origami.
dren0ma

Post by dren0ma »

@romie

that's nice! what papers do you use?
Romie Halabaso

Post by Romie Halabaso »

@drenOma

When practicing or folding a model for the first time, I use A4 scratch paper cut into square. For models that I post in my blog, I use either gift wrapping paper (which I like because of the variety of print designs available) or simply art paper or colored paper. Rarely do i use origami paper because this is not readily available in the country, and those that are avaialable are either plain/no design at all or not big enough.
Folding and unfolding, the universe is origami.
valgalvez

Post by valgalvez »

Hey everyone! So glad I found this forum. I'm 20 and from Manila. I'm a certified origami enthusiast. I perform origami workshops and my works were also featured in GMA 7's Tropang Potchi last December 3, 2011. You can view some of my works at ValerieGalvez.deviantart.com. :) Keep in touch! :P