Shuki Kato's book

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
origami-artist-galen

Re: Shuki Kato's book

Post by origami-artist-galen »

cowburger13 wrote:Merry Christmas! Take a break from diagramming and go be with your family :mrgreen:
Thanks Justin, and a late Merry Christmas to you as well;) So... 140 steps into the flying hercules beetle now, should finish in the next day or two.
GWB origami
Forum Sensei
Location: somewhere in the evil netherworld riding a giant, three headed tarantula

Post by GWB origami »

i was wondering if i could possibly test fold some of your models? i couldn't do some of them, i'm sure but it would be great if i could try.
cowburger13

Post by cowburger13 »

Be warned, they are very hard :lol:
origami-artist-galen

GWB origami wrote:i was wondering if i could possibly test fold some of your models? i couldn't do some of them, i'm sure but it would be great if i could try.
Perhaps later ;)

cowburger13

Post by cowburger13 »

Looks nice!
Tahaorigami

Post by Tahaorigami »

Hi Shuki
I am really looking forward to your book because I LOVE your models especially the dinosaurs. It would be a dream come true folding such fantastic models.
Thank you for working hard and diagramming your models. :D
I am really excited to see your new book.
cowburger13

Post by cowburger13 »

I'm not sure if using Shuki's western dragon as your icon is a good idea. :roll: Maybe use your own fold instead.
Last edited by cowburger13 on January 17th, 2013, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tahaorigami

Post by Tahaorigami »

Ok Thanks for the advice
origami deadspace

Post by origami deadspace »

may i test fold your kabutomushi please?
origami-artist-galen

Tahaorigami wrote:Hi Shuki
I am really looking forward to your book because I LOVE your models especially the dinosaurs. It would be a dream come true folding such fantastic models.
Thank you for working hard and diagramming your models. :D
I am really excited to see your new book.
Thanks, I appreciate it very much!
origami deadspace wrote:may i test fold your kabutomushi please?
Sorry, no. I probably let more people than necessary test fold it already ;)
Yeah it's been a while and what I'm doing at the moment is diagramming the new root borer at a snail's pace. After that, I can't say for sure.
cowburger13

Post by cowburger13 »

I'd love to see your wolf and goldfish diagrammed.
dragonaura

Post by dragonaura »

I'm new to posting on this forum (although I have been lurking around here for quite a while) and after looking through your flickr I was compelled to say that I love your models and if I got my hands on your book it would take pride of place along side my other origami books. I do have some questions for you though but they might not be answerable yet.
I know most people here are probably more interested in the complex and super complex side of origami but are you considering including some of your intermediate models and whether they would be printed in order of difficulty? I've read several pages of this thread (some but not all) and only asked this because sometimes I find that it's nice to have a lead up to very hard models.
I know there were suggestions for ebooks and various formats but if you came out with a printed version where would you be selling it from? I would love to have this book but I would be greatly disappointed if I found out your avenue of choice wouldn't sell to my country (of course it would be no fault of yours but sometimes these things happen.) Origami-shop would be the best place for everyone one all over the world but if you choose to go somewhere else we would all try to get a copy from there.
I've actually forgotten my other questions in the course of typing this so I will probably be back. That model completed picture looks very exciting!
Tahaorigami

Post by Tahaorigami »

I would love to see your Giganotosarus diagrammed.
camicazi

Post by camicazi »

I think everyone here would love to see the giganotosaurus diagrammed, but I think that the time it would take is kinda unpractical.
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

Shuki actually has quite a few steps done on it. I think around 30, last time he told me. That was several months ago, though.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip