I want a book by...

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
conundrumachinist

I want a book by...

Post by conundrumachinist »

Post a wish list of books you would like to see published, either by individual authors, a group or a theme (Japanese mythology, prehistoric mammals) etc. Try to avoid the obvious (That means no Satoshi Kamiya 3) and the long rumoured (Shuki Kato and Brian Chan). Just to get it started:

1)Works of Sebastien Limet

2)Collected works of Hermann van Goubergen (All his previously published work in one volume)

3)Origami Carnivorous Plants (A selection of few carnivorous plants with a few insects, lizards)

4) Works of Gauchpapier

And lets hope Nicholas Terry reads this...
AxolotlBottle
Location: Underneath floating tree bark hiding from the predators

Re: I want a book by...

Post by AxolotlBottle »

As for the Rumoured "Shuki Kato" book if you look at his camel design on flickr in the comments he mentions a book so maybe hype? anyway here's my list on who's books I would like to see

1) Sebastian Limet (I absolutely love that midwife toad model)

2) Maybe a book on people from the forums like a large combined collection of diagrams (other than the Christmas book)

3) I would like to see a book put together by some of the Korean designers there's a ton of cool stuff coming from them.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

1) Nicolás Gajardo Henríquez
2) A book by Andrew Hudson and maybe others about emergent pleating (https://www.flickr.com/photos/ahudson/a ... 3899606841)
3) Hubert Villeneuve
4) Daniel Brown
5) This might be a bit stretching the borders, but I'd also like to see my second book published at some point. I just need to come around and bring all those ideas I have to paper. In my imagination it would be a book explaining a bit about how I design models, but not going into explaining the basics but how my thought process went to come up exactly with this model. It is a concept that I would like to have from various authors maybe even as collaborative work. To see what I mean please look at the last page of my horse diagram: http://www.origami.at/diagrams/horse.pdf. That's what I imagine a book giving a little insight about how a model got into existence, a little glimpse into the authors mind.
TERRY Nicolas

Post by TERRY Nicolas »

I'm happy to see that I'm already worked on several of projects listed here (but I can't say more to not bring pressure to authors). It's great to see that our projects match the wishes of the origami community ! :o)
Anna, I really like the way you present your horse and your project is really nice. If your book will not appear in futur, let me know to see together how to include some of your explanations in a futur collective book where all authors explain their way to create....
Last edited by TERRY Nicolas on February 21st, 2016, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.passionorigami.com : all the latest news about origami
Augustus Agamemnon

Post by Augustus Agamemnon »

These would be really good books! I totally agree with a book by Sebastien Limet, and a book of origami designs by Korean designers(I would really like to fold Jang yong ik's tiger and other designs of his, and I have to admit there aren't many Korean books that show complex designs).
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

the book by shuki kato was not "rumored." he in fact was making one. however, by his comments on flickr, it does seem to be on indefinite hold. he did publish a book on origami buildings in collaboration with another author.
gordigami

Post by gordigami »

Would like to see an instructional basic book on Inkscape, with emphasis on application for origami .

Unsure who would be brave/ knowledgeable enough to take on this daunting chore ...
May I wish success to all who cope with the mountains & valleys of Life,
with all its peaks & depths, as well as Origami .
zachb

Post by zachb »

What about a book by Alexander Kurth? It can give some helpful tips with wet folding, as well as reverse engineering like what he did with Joisel's work.
kareshi

Post by kareshi »

origami_8 wrote: 4) Daniel Brown
Thank you! <3
It's pretty far down on my to-do list honestly, but I can usually share (unattractive) hand-drawn diagram sketches for originals when asked. I need more originals.
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

Tanaka mashi + kei morisun
abbaa1234

Post by abbaa1234 »

:D
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

It's definitely no short-term goal, but I would love to publish a book of my designs someday. The main setback is finding--and drawing--folding sequences for my models.

But should that idea ever come to fruition, are there any specific models you'd like to see instructions for?
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
jayhoyeol

Post by jayhoyeol »

works of hojyo takashi maybe?
Adam Origami

Post by Adam Origami »

1. Works of Hoang Tien Quyet
2. Works of Beth Johnson
3. Works of Kaze
4. Works of Christiane Bettens
5. Works of Peter Keller
greencube07

Post by greencube07 »

Not sure how they act internationally, but here in Korea, Korean origami community is very conservative and arrogant so they don't really make things out with amateur designers in the country..nor do they share with them..(they play by themselves :()
Though there are some books coming out from them, and as I've heard, Mr.Terry seems to have mentioned about making books with them, but for rest of the other designers in this country.. we don't even get the chance to show or put our works in.
So I've been up to making two books ; one consists of my models, the other one consists of models by other Korean origami designers.
But I want to know whether you guys are really into buying the books(risk and the cost for me and the fellow designers for selling internationally is way much higher..) so that we can decide whether to sell it..