Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Of course I would like to :D
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

so check your pms :)
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Goblin Faces (aka Tessellation Faces for Dummies) by myself.

Those faces were created by flipping, popping, twisting, turning, ... in short by playing with wall segments by Momotani (from a 16x16 grid).

While being far away from the brilliance of Joel Cooper's Work those faces have the advantage to be easy to fold :)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I once made a goblin face tha was somewhat like that, but I lost it and never got to make diagrams, or a CP or even take a picture of it!
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Rdude

Post by Rdude »

I saw this http://www.origami.gr.jp/~komatsu/etc/lab/anime01.gif on Hideo komatsu's website and i just had to make one, so i designed this, using some inspiration from the cranes on this site http://staro.s7.xrea.com/tenjijyou.html . SO here is the final result:

( sorry for the mess in the background, and the poor quality pic, i will fold one out of foil and posta better pic soon.)

Rdude
If you can't fold it, try a bazooka.
My Flickr ->
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rdudevr55/
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Tony Tony Chopper by myself from a 30cm square of Japanese foil.

ImageImageImage

As a big fan of the One Piece Manga and Anime it was only a matter of time that I would come up with a model from that series :-)
Gerwin
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Nice, Daydreamer :D

Dwarf, Eric Joisel
Made today in school (it was hard to carry it around :| )
The stuff around him is rocks that I just randomly made to go with the pickaxe.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Cupcake, Congratulations! The second Bhuddha. *Stares in awe* :shock:
My Flickr, please comment!
kingdomwinds

Post by kingdomwinds »

nice one. You should try make Zorro too. That would be an interesting model to design. Three swords action
Eikichi

Post by Eikichi »

Nice ones Daydreamer and Cupcake !
earth

Post by earth »

I tried to fold 'dama' from http://pajarita.org but it turned out quite bad. After trying a few times i managed to make a variation out of it and made it a violinist (inspired from hojyo's work)

Joisel's rat

Wu's Eastern Dragon
whitechocolate

Post by whitechocolate »

Cupcake wrote:White chocolate, whose design are those? If they're yours, then I am impressed (if they're not, then I'm still pretty impressed because they're really nice roses)

Oh no! I forgot to fold something for valentines day! :shock: I'll have to as sooon as possible!
nope. those roses are not my design. The diagrams are in my flower origami book. I don't know who created it too because this books was written in chinese.

here are my new photos.

Dr lang's hercules beetle

Luna moth1.1 by Jason Ku . from CP
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Earth, your paper seems a bit too small for the dama model.
Very nice Luna moth and beetle, white chocolate.
And Fanatic, technically, I'm the third Bhudda. Anna has over 1000 posts so she was the first, even thought she's Admin.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Cupcake, seeing the paper you are using most of the time, you shouldn't really give advice to other people :-P

Btw, the CP for my Tony Tony Chopper is available on the Origami Austria homepage now.
Gerwin
halogen64

Post by halogen64 »

Here are some more things I have folded recently (since January this year)

Satoshi Kamiya - Cyclommatus metalifer 2.0: Should have used lighter paper for this model, but I was able to finish it with copier paper

Hideo Komatsu - Tiger: Folded from a 6' piece of washi, making some of the details difficult. I have folded this with a piece of 8(1/2)' copier paper and the result is much cleaner, but no color change :c(. This is one of my favorite folds.

Satoshi Kamiya - Kirin: Should have used lighter paper (as I am finding with most of his models). I am finding that wrapping paper works really well so I will try this model again sometime with wrapping paper instead.

Satoshi Kamiya - T-Rex: Interesting to fold, it took me several minutes to get it to stand up for the picture without using any props.

Hideo Komatsu - Hippopotamus: You can see the difference in size between a 6' paper and an 8(1/2)' paper. This model requires a lot of pre-creasing, but I love the result and 3D effect of the fold (which you can see better in the second picture). This is another one of my favorite folds.

Hideo Komatsu - Sheep: Folded from a crease pattern. I love the color change on the face, ears, and legs. This will be my first reverse engineering project.

Satoshi Kamiya - Wizard: Asymmetrical... blah blah blah. Folded from 8(1/2)' Copier paper approx. 70gsm so the staff took a lot of shaping. This will be another model I try with wrapping paper.

Satoshi Kamiya - Bahamut (Divine Dragon): This was the first model I decided to use wrapping paper with. I started with a relatively large piece of wrapping paper and the model ended up a lot smaller than I had expected making it really difficult to add any of the details. Next time I will try a larger sheet of wrapping paper. I have provided a front and back view (I know it's happy birthday wrapping paper, but it was all I had in the house).