Voyer's Bruja/Witch help

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Aleburzyn

Post by Aleburzyn »

Thanks a lot Chris!!!, that video should come along with the diagram :D .
Also I'm still needing a little help with steps 62 to 64.
franz

Post by franz »

Aleburzyn wrote:Also I'm still needing a little help with steps 62 to 64.
I just discovered your post: I´m trying the witch at the moment and used the search-function of the forum. do you still need help with the above steps?
franz
Aleburzyn

Post by Aleburzyn »

That was some months ago, I don´t remember it very well :roll:.
I got past those two steps but never understood them correctly, if you do, some text explanation could be useful for the next time.
Also I never accomplished to make the fingers because I got stuck in step 130. Help on this one could be very useful.
franz

Post by franz »

step 63: it´s not a reverse fold, the instructions are a little bit confusing.

what I tried is to ignore 63 and skip to 64: open the flap, not only a little bit, but that the result looks similar to the picture of step 61. then perform the valley fold of step 64: the lowest tip to the left (indicated by the long arrow). the corner, where the short arrow of step 64 starts, will automatically move to its place (end of the short arrow).

concerning 130: I´m using too thick paper at the moment :? , so I can´t perform 130 with a result that satisfies me. but it looks like a series of simple reverse folds, comparable to step 39.
franz
Aleburzyn

Post by Aleburzyn »

Thanx.
About step 130, I think I did something wrong with the layers and can´t do the reverse fold (however the rest of the model looks fine).
Carol

Again with step 62

Post by Carol »

Help!! I found this topic and I need help with step 62 too. My "witch" looks exactaly like the picture of step 62, and it´s been like that for a while!! I just can´t go to 63, and I can´t go to 64 skipping 63 too. :cry:

Can anyone help me??? Please???

Tks
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Step 62 is telling you to just open the layers of the paper a little so you can fit your fingers in and be able to do the closed sink on step 63
Carol

Post by Carol »

I still can´t figure it out. Is there a video teaching to fold this witch? My difficulties are steps 62 to 64... :(
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

I'll try to explain. As I said step 62 only tells you to open the back of the flap so you can do the sink in step 63.

I made a video. I did not do the previous 61 steps, I just simulated the flap you have to work on so don't get confused by the rest of the model.

I hope it helps and if it doesn't just ask again.
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/42SIzGZ2TJ0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed>
perrosaurio

Post by perrosaurio »

hi,

is an old topic but looks like somebody need helps with this again. In spanish forum there was a thread about Anibal Voyer's pegasus and the witch. Here is my post with pictures about step 87:

first mistake I did was pull both large flaps back (the one you can see and the twin one behind the model, and to try to find where to pick the model in the central bunch of points. Then I was lost trying to find which layers are sink according the diagram.

Next attempt I realized that diagram reffers to pull back only the visible layer to the right and keep the twin one in the left.

then the complete top opens over its central layer.

at the end all is about getting a triangle in the central layer

and then figure is closed simetrically

hope it helps. This is my witch on broom, from a square of 16x16 cm cheap origami paper.

regards.
perrosaurio.
"Trust Komatsu, he knows where we are going..."
http://origamido-en.blogspot.com/
Trekker_1983

Post by Trekker_1983 »

finally i was able to finish my Witch model.
It's been a week since my last attempt to finish it.

Thank you, perrosaurio!! :) :) :) :)
Finward

Post by Finward »

Ohhhh, the fellowship of the ring extended DVD edition... jejeje
I think that this discussion has ended, but i winned with this witch last year :D :D :D
http://www.origami-usa.org/obc_winners.html