Satoshi Kamiya - Bahamut/Divine Dragon

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
elsix2004

Post by elsix2004 »

something like this maybe?
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

You're close. I think you might have unwrapped the layer, hence, the extra paper on the left side.
elsix2004

Post by elsix2004 »

i can rap it back, but i don't get how to make this right now and i'm realy stresing the paper. i'll try it tomorow with a clear head
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Good call. And are you using plain copy paper? It's a bit thick but it'll be good for learning the process.
elsix2004

Post by elsix2004 »

i coldn't find origami paper in Romania. a friend got me this paper from where he works. it's allmoast as thin as newspapar papare, but it's a lot stronger. still, after you fold it 10 times in the same place it gets thiner and may tear.

but i've made the mistake of cuting the piece of paper to small. it's only 35 by35 cm. it's allright up till now, but i think it will get triky when i get to the head

it's all i have to work with...so i have to make do.
elsix2004

Post by elsix2004 »

here's how it's coming allong

i think it's looking better. it's definetly a improvement :D
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Yea, just a few more finishing touches and you're there. :P
Don't give up though. It's always easier the next time around. I'd recommend starting with around 50cm though...
elsix2004

Post by elsix2004 »

yeah. that's the next step...i'll get on it tomorow. but i still don't know what to do on that step...maybe it'll be more obvios on a biger piece of paper. tell me though, does it get easyer on the next steps?
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Yea, I think it gets easier. The wings can be a bit tricky, but other than that, you're mostly just finishing the limbs.
elsix2004

Post by elsix2004 »

don't get me wrong, it wasn't hard until now. But every so often i get a step that i don't understant how to do. i'm sure that if i get this right i'll say "well that's obvios" :D
elsix2004

Post by elsix2004 »

well things didn't get any better with a big pice of paper...i still need help on step 106

JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Alright, well since I have a three day weekend I might be able to find some time to just get to that step. Gimme a few days.

:EDIT:

I didn't want to study so I folded everything up to step 106 on a piece of 25cm Kami.... I folded everything perfectly but ripped it. It was gonna happen sooner or later so I'm not that bitter.

Anyway, here's a few pics. It's fairly simple, but I couldn't put it in words.

Here's what you have starting 106. Get 107 out of the way first by valley folding so your new edge is lined up right with the edge behind it.

Here is when you open up the model, looking from the side. However, in this shot, blue are mountain folds, yellow are valley (I wasn't thinking when I drew them)... The horizontal mountain fold in this shot should wrap right around the edge behind it.

And here is how it should look from the side:

I'm throwing this thing away after you get past this step. There's no way I'm working gonnat try and finish it. :lol:
klnothincomin

Post by klnothincomin »

Come on, I always star on a model and finish it no matter what! You should finish it later when you have time, don't throw away your creations!
Kevin Luo
If practice doesn't make perfect, at least it passes time! ^_^
elsix2004

Post by elsix2004 »

i give up...
i think i unwraped the layers again. though it's a good photo diaagram...i still don't know how did you get to your first picture...

anyway, my paper didn't rip but it's all crumbled from trying so... i don't care how it's done anymore

thanks for the help
klnothincomin

Post by klnothincomin »

Hey elsix2004, don't give up because of frustration, keep trying and you will get it soon, just need a little more experience, that's all. :wink:
Kevin Luo
If practice doesn't make perfect, at least it passes time! ^_^