About Sipho Mabona

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Silverin

About Sipho Mabona

Post by Silverin »

I've founded across the inet, on flickr or somewhere else, a lot of photos of his models, in conventions or something else, i found them really cool, but he didn't published any book, i've founded his page and his flickr, and he only uploaded a pair of CPs, i'll love to make some of his models, like the tiger, or some insects. Does anyone knows where to find them?
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

He has several CPs on his flickr page and his website, including some insects. In the short film "In Pursuit of Perfection" for Asics, there is an animated folding sequence for his tiger-if you slowed it down perhaps you could follow it. Good luck :wink:
Max

Post by Max »

He is also special guest at the next Origami Deutschland Meeting this summer in Berlin :-)
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

As far as I know, his only published diagrams are for his koi and puffer fish both at Tanteidan convention book #14
Max

Post by Max »

I forgot to mention there is a free stop motion instruction for folding the koi on his flickr site!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sipmab/245 ... 600465209/
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

Many of Sipho's models (especially the insects) are complex boxpleating, which means that instructions are very time-consuming to create, and CP would be just as easy to fold from. So he doesn't make many diagrams...
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

there's a hint at nicolas terrys' page that a book by sipho mabona is a possible publication ...
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

^^^

well, aside from that, the diagrams for his fugu and koi are too "well done," which suggests to me they are not the only ones.