Robert J. Lang - Bull Moose

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

debug--i know you to be a very good folder, and i think you can do this without visual help, which i cannot give at this time. i posted about this earlier, but you are essentially stretching the model along the creases you made at step 15.
debugmode

Post by debugmode »

Okey guys myself asked myself answering 33-34-35 :wink: , I think all these visual are very heplfull to who will want to fold bull moose further...

Keep to folding...
Last edited by debugmode on May 5th, 2011, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nok

Post by Nok »

Those photos will help lots of people including me because i made it little bit wrong :oops:
wanderingmonarch

Post by wanderingmonarch »

i want help with steps 38,39 40 as in the beguning of 38 my model looks exactly like in the diagram but in 40 it doesnot .please elucidate those steps
kevin89

Post by kevin89 »

Can you specify what doesn't look the same? Without knowing that there is no way to help you.

One problem I could see happening is in step 38 and that is folding all the layers instead of just the first layer.
The most important thing for me is the direct observation of nature in its light-filled existence. -August Macke
d_music_master

Post by d_music_master »

Ha wow it's been over two years since i've been on here! Yeah i folded the moose rescently and it's on display at my school, i used this pretty nice artists parchment paper and it turned out quite impressive, had to use a couple dabs of glue so it wouldn't be a moose rug! i also have Brian Chan's scorpion on display
lyon0100

Post by lyon0100 »

Can I ask for some help with steps 49-50. I just can't figure out how it's supposede to look afterwords. Any advice would be appreciated
lyon0100

Post by lyon0100 »

Never mind, I got it!!!
mixmastermarc16

Re: Robert J. Lang - Bull Moose

Post by mixmastermarc16 »

one iof my favorite models! even using brown kraft paper produced an amazing model(it did need a little help standing on its own due to the thickness of the legs) but otherwise, this is definitely one of y favorite models to fold and a great example of the effectiveness of boxpleating. i will definitely be folding this one again when i get some origamido paper. good luck!
dustink101

Post by dustink101 »

I'm stuck on number 28.

Can anyone show some pictures on how to make he fold cause I don't quite get it.
Origami rocks!!!
mixmastermarc16

step 28 i s a simple elias stretch( which a detailed description can be found earlier in the book). fold the layers perpendicular(horizontal) to the original (vertical )creases. this should be done while collapsing to produce the split shown in step 29. good luck!
dustink101

Post by dustink101 »

Thank you! I figured it out! :D
Origami rocks!!!
mixmastermarc16

my pleasure! good job! post pics!
dustink101

Post by dustink101 »

Well, I didn't finish the model but I made it to step 38 and now I'm stuck. :( Any help?
Origami rocks!!!
the modern einstein

Post by the modern einstein »

Destroy it and stop- you probably won't finish this one. If you are trying different folds, there are tons of unneeded creases, and there is more chances of the model ripping at a later stage, so don't waste your frustrations, try something simple, then do it again, now that you know what to do for the first processes of the model. This often helps your concentration levels, and you may understand it better. By the way, that step is just a double rabbit ear, with just an extra step, in pulling out the paper, just incorporate it in the rabbit ear, again look at the front of the book for a bit more understanding. I have not folded this model, so my help may not be reliable, but from my view of the diagrams, that is what it seems like.