Doctor Who or other Sci Fi diagrams

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
Greyfore

Doctor Who or other Sci Fi diagrams

Post by Greyfore »

Has anyone seen any diagrams to some Doctor Who origami?
I'm planning on running an origami panel at a sci fi convention and would like to get some models made for it.
I've managed to pick up various Star Wars and Star Trek ones, just looking for other random ones (Blake's 7, Doctor Who, Firefly, etc)

Can anyone help?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Unfortunately I don't know about any Doctor Who diagrams ( I guess that's because I don't know the series and therefore can not identify them when I see them). But I made some simple Tie Fighter diagrams the other day. You can find them on the bottom of this page:
http://www.origamiaustria.at/diagrams.php?lang=2#d39
steingar

Post by steingar »

Depends on the kind of panel. Our group has taught at a local sci-fi convention for the last several years. We tend to teach some fantasy themed models (dragons, for example) for always focus on keeping it easy. So far the module that has gone over the best was my box class, where I teach a masu, an insert that divides it in quarters, and a lid, all made from scrapbook paper. They like it because everyone takes home something nice.

We've done display panels before, but the classes go over way better. If you want stuff to display, the net and books are rife with fantasy models. Again, my experience favors classes where you teach. Craft stuff goes over very well as sci fi conventions, at least those here.
cjbnc

Post by cjbnc »

kevin89

Post by kevin89 »

cjbnc: I don't mean to pop your bubble or anything, but even if Greyfore had searched for Doctor Who diagrams, nothing would have come up because nowhere in the thread is Doctor Who mentioned.
The most important thing for me is the direct observation of nature in its light-filled existence. -August Macke
cjbnc

Re:

Post by cjbnc »

kevin89 wrote:cjbnc: I don't mean to pop your bubble or anything, but even if Greyfore had searched for Doctor Who diagrams, nothing would have come up because nowhere in the thread is Doctor Who mentioned.
If Greyfore knows his Doctor Who, he'd have searched for Daleks and the Tardis as I did. Nevertheless, I'm fine with repeating links to other posts to help folks find what they're looking for. That's why I mentioned the search rant and didn't give it, choosing to give results instead. :wink:

PS. yes, actually doctor who is mentioned by name in the very first link I gave, and it's the first search result on the forum after this discussion.
the modern einstein

Re: Doctor Who or other Sci Fi diagrams

Post by the modern einstein »

Calm down peoples, if he cannot use the search function then ignore the ignorance, and provide your help. no discussion on backing up your arguments is required. =P~ I hate this sort of discussion.
Last edited by saj on March 22nd, 2011, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove offensive text
FlareglooM

Re: Doctor Who or other Sci Fi diagrams

Post by FlareglooM »

the modern einstein, watch your language, no need to start calling people mentally retarded..... [-X
My Flickr

FlareglooM