Lang Tyrannosaurus Rex

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
BarneyL

Lang Tyrannosaurus Rex

Post by BarneyL »

Hi all, I've been trying to fold this from Origami in Action.
I've worked through the majority of the design and have the base for it but am struggling on the last stages (step 55 onwards).
The main problem comes with step 59 where the model is folded in half so the top and bottom jaws align, I've made the creases for the back of the model but mine just flattens and spreads out rather than forming the 3D head shape. I think I've done the step shown in 55 to 57 correctly but am not 100% certain so this could be the issue.
Anyone have any tips or a picture of the back end of the head that would help sort this out?
Thanks,
Barney
halogen64

Post by halogen64 »

I haven't folded this, but here is my suggestion from looking at those steps. Along with the fold on the head, make sure you have squash folded the middle white layer. after that point the model's face away from you, hold the mouth on both sides and use your thumb to push in the middle. It should be like lifting the flaps on the bird base. Just make sure the portion you are pushing in makes a ridge in the middle of the model and that you pull the mouth outwards. If you still have trouble, I will try folding this to see if I can make more explicit instructions.
BarneyL

Post by BarneyL »

Got it thanks.
In the end after getting the inside flattened I treated each jaw as the upwards flap of a rabbit ear fold, squashed the creases in so that the jaws were parrallel then sorted out the back so it sat neatly.