Thin foil?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
crumpybumpy

Thin foil?

Post by crumpybumpy »

So I tried making some tissue foil. I used a thin mulberry paper on standard usa supermarket foil with spray-on glue. The foil was too thick I think. I read that japanese foil is better for this purpose ... where does one buy thin aluminium foil?
mike352

Post by mike352 »

Find the cheapest (quality and price) aluminum foil at your local supermarket ... I've tried this already, and it was thinner than the standard brand I normally buy. Perhaps there's a better option, though, for finding very thin foils.
mrsriggins

Post by mrsriggins »

Try a local craft store like Michael's or Joann's they carry some specialty paper and might have some thin foil.
"There are times when hope itself is an act of heroism. So here's to hope, and everyday heroes. " -Jacqueline Carey
I totally just discovered I have a macro function on my camera- I'm lovin it!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23352404@N06/sets/
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Tissue paper works well for thin paper for tissue foil. There is a dollar store near me that I was tipped off about that carries thin 18" foil that is fantastic for tissue foil. It is thin and big, and normally foil has only one of them. It is not too hard to find cheap, thin 12" foil or heavy-duty 18" foil-as has been said, supermarkets should have them. It is worth checking out dollar stores or similar places near you to try to find some nice thin 18" foil.