Robert J. Lang - Night Hunter (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Lithium

Robert J. Lang - Night Hunter (CP)

Post by Lithium »

I've found a couple threads here regarding this model, but none of them really describe the part I'm having problems with. If anybody here has folded it, I'd appreciate some pointers.

I've managed to collapse the base without a whole lot of trouble:

Next it seems like the head should be folded at right angles to the body:

What I can't figure out now is how to fold down the body. The photographs available online don't show it very clearly, but it looks like Lang has managed to get a very full, rounded body out of it. The best I can figure out is to fold the leg assembly down about halfway to the center axis, and crimp the corner inwards:

However, this leaves very little paper on the side:

The pictures seem to show a lot more paper on the side of the body. Is there some other way of folding the sides that will give a fuller body, or is this just what it ought to look like?
insaneorigami
Forum Sensei

night hunter

Post by insaneorigami »

Well, i know that this reply is pretty much useless, but I attempted to fold this model, and, while I normally succeed with CPs (as long as I take my time) this one stumped me for a reason I dont know.... ...good job just getting to the base :D
Last edited by insaneorigami on January 9th, 2009, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike352

Post by mike352 »

How about referencing Diego Quevedo's diagrams for it:

http://www.4shared.com/file/56964300/5f ... _Lang.html

I haven't checked to see if the part that you have a question on is addressed in there, but it takes it to the end, so in principle it should answer your question.
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

Before a flame war breaks out, let me suggest that I believe that this is Diego's interpretation of a model that was influenced by Lang's model. It is similar, but not as detailed as Lang's.

If someone can remember the discussion without flaming, please post it.

THis is a good set of diagrams that provide good experience, but the final result may not be what you expect.

- Hank Simon
Zoraz

Post by Zoraz »

I made this today using the diagrams listed above and the picture on Lang's site. I followed the diagrams until about page 6, then shaped the rest with the picture and it ended up looking pretty good.
mike352

Post by mike352 »

Here's the topic mentioned (I actually used the topic to find out the name of the author):
viewtopic.php?t=3557&start=15
about half-way down the page.
Lithium

Post by Lithium »

Yeah, I found the thread about Diego's diagram when I first tried to fold the model, and while it gave some helpful pointers about easier ways to collapse the base (which I'd already figured out), it didn't seem to go into much detail about the final shaping folds, which is what I'm really interested in. Also, from some of the descriptions I've heard, it doesn't really have as well-formed a body as Lang's.

Zoraz, I don't suppose you'd be able to put up a picture or two of your fold of the model? I'd be interested to see how you did some of the final steps.