Satoshi Kamiya - Pegasus

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
kastrul

Satoshi Kamiya - Pegasus

Post by kastrul »

Hi,

Could someone please help me with step 37 and 38 of Satoshi Kamiya's pegasus. I just cant seem to get the open sink and closed sink there.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

The closed sink part is pretty simple : all you have to do is to keep the circled part (on step 38 ) from opening. You can just hold it with clippers while open sinking the rest. Or, you can always just closed sink everything, then unwrap the layers that are supposed to be opened.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

To put it simply: Keep the pleat together as you open sink along the existing creases. You will need to push the point at the pleat in with some pressure, as in all closed sinks.
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
kastrul

Post by kastrul »

Thanks, I think I got it now
wantotlearn

Post by wantotlearn »

ftangdude55 wrote:To put it simply: Keep the pleat together as you open sink along the existing creases. You will need to push the point at the pleat in with some pressure, as in all closed sinks.
please help T_T, i got stuck in step 24 and 25, which says inside reverse fold using the exiting creases while swiveling the corner back to the left and in step 25 I cant make it. It says, "pull out the corner", but it doesnt look similar to step 26. please help ](*,)
federicoh

Post by federicoh »

need help on step 37 - 38 !! could someone take some pictures or make a short video? thnkx :)
Last edited by federicoh on February 9th, 2011, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

wanttotlearn- step 24-25 is just closing back the spread sink. I'll try and make a video on it
federicoh, 37nto 38 is just a more complex sinkfold. Make sharp creases, and slowly collapse the hsaded area in. I'll try and make a video.
federicoh

Post by federicoh »

thanks men!! i have already done this model in the past, but i havent done this step as it is, so when collapsing it looked diferent :(
Last edited by federicoh on February 9th, 2011, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
gouken

Post by gouken »

hi boys,help me in step 31-32 please?? with a video or photos??thanks
federicoh

Post by federicoh »

you only have to pull the flaps out... try to see where the arrows start from and the direction... maybe with your paper you have to pull harder... try to pull both flaps at the same time... cant take pictures, i have done this model before and dont want to try again
Last edited by federicoh on February 9th, 2011, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
takwing

Post by takwing »

a folding demo was added to my site:
http://www.takwing.idv.hk/origami/diagr ... s&pic=0001
Trelice

Post by Trelice »

Sorry for starting a new topic. Didn't see this one so I started one. Apologies. Anyway, copied and pasted...

Hey all.

Need some help with the Pegasus fold. Specifically parts 28-31. It's saying to pull out the hidden layers. But on my attempt, there are none. I think this may be due to my misunderstanding of fold 28, but I'm not sure.

I don't have a digital camera, otherwise I'd show you my progress. But so far, it's pretty accurate to 28. I may be folding the wrong amount of layers beforehand, but I don't think I am.

Sorry, I'm new to complex folds and this is my first real attempt at any fold further than 20 steps. It's a Christmas present for my friend, so any and all help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.
ORIGAMI Man

Post by ORIGAMI Man »

Im folding the model too but i still dont get it can anyone make a video or photo diagrams?
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

ORIGAMI Man wrote:Im folding the model too but i still dont get it can anyone make a video or photo diagrams?
you're gonna have to do better than that.

i mean, a lot better.

i mean, wow, miles and miles.
ORIGAMI Man

Post by ORIGAMI Man »

ok. Can anyone make a video on how to do the open sink and closed sink in step 37 and 38.

You Happy?