Robert J. Lang - Lion Fish

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Ragnorax

Robert J. Lang - Lion Fish

Post by Ragnorax »

Im trying to fold Robert Lang's Lion fish from 'Origami Sea life' and im having trouble understanding what to do for step 56. how exactly do i "spread the layers"? is it like squash folding them? or crimp then squash? im not sure how to get it to look like the next step. if anyone has folded it and could give me tips that would be appreciated. thx
plastgeek

Post by plastgeek »

I don't have the time to fold it right now, so I'm not sure, but from memory, what you should first do it fold it like a squash fold, then flatten the mountain fold. Then, you should have a pyramid-thingy pointing out, and it shown in step 57. Then, you push the side of the pyramid which is facing the left (from the perspective of the diagram,) outwards, then flatten it, pushing the two other sides of the pyramid together.
Ragnorax

Post by Ragnorax »

thank you so much plastgeek that helped so much and i got it now :D the diagrams dont say that the folds for step 57 are on the pyramid which points out toward you.
Radiant_Howl2628

Re: Robert J. Lang - Lion Fish

Post by Radiant_Howl2628 »

can anyone help me with step 93? it's cut off from the book o.o
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Re: Robert J. Lang - Lion Fish

Post by ftangdude55 »

Actually, step 93 is right after step 94. It's two reverse folds.
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.