Robert J. Lang - Coopers Hawk (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
karan62

Robert J. Lang - Coopers Hawk (CP)

Post by karan62 »

hi im karan ive folded the coopers hawk by robert lang base but am stuck there please can you help

cp on his site
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

its an closed sink :roll:
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

All that you need to do now is to shape it into the final form. I can give you some general tips, but nothing specific until you specifically identify what your problem is.

Since you have the base already, I assume what you are stuck on is figuring out which end is the head and which end is the tail. The lower-right and upper-left corners are obviously the feet, since they have claws and are so thin. The middle flap that is sort of split into two parts will become the folded-back wings. This is where I am now just speculating-the upper-right corner is the tail, and nothing much needs to be done to it, and the bottom-left corner is the head. The head looks tricky to fold, and I am not sure exactly what needs to be done to finish it-I do have an idea, though. There are a couple of stray valley folds on the body that do not fit-those make the model 3D and define where the head will be-where those creases end is where the head pops out 3D. There is a similar structure farther toward the corner, and I think that defines the chest of the bird. I don't know what to do from there.
karan62

Post by karan62 »

my specific problem is that i cant find the flap for the wings and when i did find a flap vaguely resembling what you said the tail and head were in the wrong direction :?
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

The wings flap can be flipped to the side with the head as well as to the side with the tail. Play with it a little bit and you should be able to flip the wing flap to the right side-that is, unless you locked it in with other pleats somewhere. The flap should be free to move around.
danny

Post by danny »

did any one ever finish this model?
mixmastermarc16

Re: Robert J. Lang - Coopers Hawk (CP)

Post by mixmastermarc16 »

just downloaded and printed the CP(i know, i know, its a cheap way of folding the model) but once i collapse the base with A4 paper i will fold with something much better and complete final shaping. i love this model. such elegant simplicity. i look at his crease patterns and go "Duh, why didnt i think of that?" because im not a laser physicist i guess. good luck!
Axel´s Origami

Re: Robert J. Lang - Coopers Hawk (CP)

Post by Axel´s Origami »

What grid is the model based on?