Satoshi Kamiya - Leafy Sea Dragon (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
BrooksHalten

Satoshi Kamiya - Leafy Sea Dragon (CP)

Post by BrooksHalten »

Has anyone folded this model yet? I have it in fron of me, but I am unsure if it should collapse with only the fold shown. Any help or pics on what the finished base should look like would be greatl appreciated.

The CP can be found on his website.
Re
StarPartener

Post by StarPartener »

I have been working on this CP for months but I can't seem to collapse it... I am having trouble on the top left section and shaping the leaves. According to Artur, the base looks just like the fiished product except without shaping. However, I have yet to achieve that stage... Any help would be appreciated!
BrooksHalten

Post by BrooksHalten »

I got the base collapsed...almost. I'm just not sure what to do with the two flaps on the bottom left and top right. I could use some help on the final shaping of the head. Other than that, I know how to fold the leaves and curve of the dragon. I couldn't get it folded completel, because I used paper that wa waaay to thick for this model.
Re
StarPartener

Post by StarPartener »

Could you post some pictures of how you shaped the leaves? Also, how did you collapse the top left area?

Thanks!
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

If anyone's interested, this is the reference point I found.

I haven't folded it yet, and won't until sometime after November 8th.
BrooksHalten

Post by BrooksHalten »

Thanks! So far I've been tracing the pattern on!
Re
Zoraz

Post by Zoraz »

Just finished it today, here's a picture:
The top left area is just standard boxpleating technique, and for the leaves, I did my favorite technique, Wizard fingers, and then pulled some layers out to round them.
StarPartener

Post by StarPartener »

Can someone please post a picture of the collapsed base? I really can't get this to work :cry: :cry: :cry: I can't figure out what to do with the parts of the base. Also, what do you mean by Wizard's Fingers? I have folded the wizard many times but I don't understand what you mean. Thanks!

Edit: I just realized that I was having problems with the bottom right corner, not the top left :lol: sorry! BTW Zoraz, your dragon looks really cool. What paper did you use?
Zoraz

Post by Zoraz »

Thanks! Its from 50cm kraft paper. When i say wizard fingers, I mean, spread the pleats out in each of the little points, then split them into 2 or 3 points depending on which appendage it is, and collapse them the same way as Kamiya's Wizard's fingers are done. For the bottom right, its just 3 bird bases with some grafts and spread sinks, I don't really know of a better way to explain it. Its going to be at least a week until I can fold it again to get pictures of the base.
StarPartener

Post by StarPartener »

Thanks! Maybe tomorrow I can post picture of what I have so far. Then maybe you can point out my mystakes! Thanks again!
BUGguy

Post by BUGguy »

Is the grid 40x40? I'm pretty sure but I want to be positive:)
Zoraz

Post by Zoraz »

Don't fold with a grid! It changes size several times in the CP, and it is much easier to collapse like a regular 22.5 CP with a graft, then sink along the pleat lines. Use the reference Jared posted, it should be all you need to find everything. It locates the middle of the diamond.
BUGguy

Post by BUGguy »

Thanks!
I haven't folded anything this way but it seems like i can fold it and it would be easier.
I first have to get some paper
WhisperPuffin

Post by WhisperPuffin »

I'm guessing this CP is unaccessible, because it was seen at a convention?

EDIT: Ignore that, I just found it on his site. I never remembered it being published...
Bibbleyboopalah!

A Whisper of Puffins (my Flickr)
artur biernacki
Forum Sensei

Post by artur biernacki »

I folded this model from 50 cm x 50 cm.

My reference point.
Artur
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12569445@N02/