Anibal Voyer - Horse

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
k00ldeep

Anibal Voyer - Horse

Post by k00ldeep »

Hi,

I am trying to fold Anibal Voyer's Horse but get stuck after the basic base - and don't know how to continue.

Someone help me please.

:-) kooldeep
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I moved this topic into the right section.

where exactly are your problems (steps?)

Christian
k00ldeep

hie its step 30

Post by k00ldeep »

hie
i am stuck at stap 30 after the base for the horse dont know how to go abtot getting the mane for the horse and even the body .
sorry for not replyin back out of an internet connection for a while :-)
regards k00ldeep
Friet

Post by Friet »

I remember being stuck there as well. Step 30 is just the precreasing for step 31.

Step 31 is basically an outside reverse fold, followed by another outside reverse fold. When viewing from above. you should forst fold the model in half, while folding the head part upwards along the indicated valley folds. The trick is to fold one half of the leg outside of the body, and the other half inside of the body, so it's kinda wrapped around the chest. (The leg consists of three layers, I always fold only one layer inside the body, otherwise the body will spread out again because there is too much paper inside) Then do an outside reverse fold where the mountain fold lines are. This should give you something that looks like step 32. The part on the left picture of step 31 can also be done after you do the folds on the right side, by pulling out the large triangle (the one that will form the head) from under the neck when you're done. I don't know if that helped, but my brother has my camera with him on his vacation so I can't make any pictures. If you still don't get it, just ask and I'll try to explain it some more.

Voyer's horse is my favourite model btw. I've folded it dozens of times, and it's handy for when you have a boring hour at school :) The last one I folded was one from a piece of 4x4 cm paper, the result was as large as the nail of my thumb. It does look a bit like a dog though, since the paper is too small to fold the legs in half.
k00ldeep

Post by k00ldeep »

hey thanks for the reply but i think i am doin somthin wrong could not get the result of step 32 still , i dont get the part of the model which ultimately is made the mane of the horse ...
can u please gime some more help
thanks and reagrds
k00ldeep
k00ldeep

need more help

Post by k00ldeep »

hello ,
I might sound dumb but then i need lil bit more help on this one cannot get past step 30............
Regards,
K00ldeep
kenongab

Post by kenongab »

Can someone help me wiht this? I need help in steps 12-15

I appreciate all of those who will help :)
<(^^)>-~~--Kiel
Mental4

Post by Mental4 »

I've tried to make this a few times, can someone describe what is going on at steps 26-27-28? I kinda have the idea but my paper won't do what it looks like it should be doing.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

You just need to fold the paper out and stretch a little bit, and then make it flat. Thats all it is
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
perrosaurio

Post by perrosaurio »

k00ldeep wrote:hey thanks for the reply but i think i am doin somthin wrong could not get the result of step 32 still , i dont get the part of the model which ultimately is made the mane of the horse ...
can u please gime some more help
thanks and reagrds
k00ldeep
Hi K00L, I'm new here, I'll try to help (also english is not my natural born language so I'll do my best)

first thing is to mark all layers in the diagonal folds on step 30, they are already marked on the first superior layer so it should be easy.

then I flip the model and mark the little valley folds diagonal of the legs as I show in the next image:

that helps when you close the figure in the next step. I flip again the model and when I'm closing it I press the top part of the superficial point (not the one which is going to be the head) in order to get the superior mountain folds that runs from the end of the valley ones, like these images:

(here you can see the little valley folds I did before forming the chest)

here you can see two "in progress" images:

I hope this helps. This is the final figure, not so beatiful but regular paper of 16x16 cm is hard to manage (and also beer always make a mess of things :) )

regards.
perrosaurio.
"Trust Komatsu, he knows where we are going..."
http://origamido-en.blogspot.com/
alma

step 31 legs?

Post by alma »

hey um i think i can manage the body, but just to be sure...

with the legs, is it basically two reverse folds? xx
WhoKnew?

Post by WhoKnew? »

Hello everybody.

This is my very first post, and I have just discovered the beauty of origami. I just also discovered the difficulties.

I am a beginner, and this all started one day when I was tierd, and was I was folding some paper. And I realized, I could make some basic creations. And it was relaxing, too. Then, after making 2 easy origami's, I got this idea, to make that amazing horse, no matter how long it would take me.

I understand that J. Aníbal Voyer horse is above my skill level, but I simply can't quit.

http://dev.origami.com/images_pdf/horse.pdf

My problem is the step between 11 to 14. As I have never followed a .pdf before, I do not fully understand the lines, or what goes on there.

I am stubborn as hell and I am willing to learn, so Please, anyone point me in the right direction!
Thank you!
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

What you need to do in step eleven is called a crimp. It consists basically of two inside reverse folds. Make one side first and then do the other. First you have to inside reverse fold along the mountain fold line (dash-dot-dot-dash), then reverse fold back along the valley fold line (dash-dash).
Step 12 shows two inside reverse folds that divide the inner (mostly hidden on the drawing) triangles in half.
Step 13 is just a simple valley fold.
Step 14 is called a swivel fold. Begin by folding the mountain fold along the edge of the paper, then pull down the corner until it looks like in the picture and flatten the paper.

If you don't know the terms I used (or even if you do), you should really read these explanations by Peter Budai: http://www.budaiorigami.hu/index.php?la ... basicfolds

Good luck.
WhoKnew?

Post by WhoKnew? »

Thanks alot for the help! And quick, too!

I will try this out and then we will see how it works out! This horse, it's not for me. Its for a certain lady. So if this goes right, you did not only make my day, you made hers to ;).

Il come back to you with the result, if i figure it out or not.
Are the stories true, about the land down under? :)
WhoKnew?

Post by WhoKnew? »

EDIT: Aha... austria. I thought it said australia. Never mind the men-at-work joke then.

Thanks again