Can I get a book recommendation?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
ColdWave

Can I get a book recommendation?

Post by ColdWave »

I was searching the Origami USA website and I was wondering which CONVENTION ANNUAL COLLECTION book(s) I should get. I want to know if anybody has any of them and which books they enjoy most. I'm looking for some challenging but really cool models. Thanks!
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

The 2005 Origami Collection Book contains some very nice models, including diagrams for the great Werewolf by Jason Ku.

Can't tell about the other books since I unfortunately don't have them.
However, you can find model listings (partly with pictures) for all of the OUSA Convention Books at the book reviews on Gilad's Origami Page :)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
malachi

Post by malachi »

It all depends on what you want to fold. I started by ordering 2003 and something else, but I ended up getting all of the available ones (there is one out of print, if I recall correctly) for the flexability of being able to have the diagrams on hand.

My advice would be to look through the review page that was posted and pick the ones that have the models that are most interesting to you.

I really like 2003 for Sy Chen's tea set and Lang's scorpion, for example.
cybermystic

Post by cybermystic »

Coldwave, I would prefer to get them all. I'm sure every one will have diagrams that are impossible to find elsewhere, and be well worth every penny. The question becomes, then, which one to get first.

Another question: is there an annual convention book that is NOT recommended by anyone?