Work in Progress

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Fishgoth

Work in Progress

Post by Fishgoth »

How about a 'Work in Progress' thread for designs that folders are nearly happy with, but need a bit more work on them?

To kick off:

My Greater Dragon design

I'm fairly happy with the model. I need to free up some more paper on the front jaw to create better eyes and some nostrils. This is also the first time I've made foil backed tissue paper with Turkey Foil. Whereas the sheet was quite large, it was thicker than normal kitchen foil, and the model became much thicker than I'd hoped.

The design is essentially an asymetric blintz base with three strip grafts. The lower part of the head and six of the spines come from the centre of the paper.

Sitting Cat
Slowly getting there. The dilema is whether to use a flap in the head to create the eyes and nose, or whether to trap it inside the model, and simulate the eyes with creases. The proportions need a little jiggling about as well. Eventually, this will be a nice model to wet-fold.
I once set up an origami PLC. But the business folded.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I like the dragon, it's fantastic :)
the cat doesn't look much like a cat to me...
Kaimon

Post by Kaimon »

well, it looks quite like the one by hideo, to me...
but the dragon is really fantastic!
(if you´re finished, can you make a crease-pattern, please?)
Fishgoth

Post by Fishgoth »

I've just had a look at Komatu's cat on the web and saw the CP. It looks like we've used the same method to create the back legs and tail, although the head is a different approach. I modelled the design on my girlfriends ginger tom, and looks a bit better than the photo suggests. Aside from a sink for the tail, it is seamless closed back, so when it is wet-folded (if ever), I can take the time to sculpt the body and shoulders.
I once set up an origami PLC. But the business folded.
iAm4free

Post by iAm4free »

Awesome! I like the dragon!
"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

- St. Francis of Assisi