Your Favourite Creator

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

I remember a black widow from a 45-45-90 triangle I saw once, but I don't remember if it was Lang or not. He wrote a book with Stephen Weiss called Origami Zoo, I think, that it might be in.
DavidW

Post by DavidW »

Yeah Lang's Black Widow-- my first spider fold. Starting with a triangle made it easier than with a square. Also in that book he has a Mantis from a rectangle that is not as hard as his other Mantis's. That is the Origami Zoo book with Weiss. It has one of my fav models in it-- Weiss' Dog in a Doghouse. It's cool. :D
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

The Gerbil from "The Complete Book of Origami" is from a triangle
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
GreyGeese

Post by GreyGeese »

DavidW wrote:Yeah Lang's Black Widow-- my first spider fold. Starting with a triangle made it easier than with a square. Also in that book he has a Mantis from a rectangle that is not as hard as his other Mantis's. That is the Origami Zoo book with Weiss. It has one of my fav models in it-- Weiss' Dog in a Doghouse. It's cool. :D
Yes, that is one of the books and models I was referring to. A lot of great stuff in that book that I eventually hope to be able to fold (some are way over my head at this point, especially when they involve closed sinks.) I need to get the Japanese foil I ordered before trying the dog in a doghouse, as all my paper is too thick.
trastorillo

Post by trastorillo »

The mosts I like r:
Hideo komatsu: I think its a good mix of traditional and complex.
Robert Lang, satoshi kamiya, joisel, Palacios, David Derudas, noburu, Anibal Voyer (his witch is definetly one of my fabourites). There is more that I like a lot But basicly those r my fabourites.
My favourites: komatsu, nicolas Terry joisel, anibal, esseltine y robert lang.
Any suggestion would be apreciated.
http://papiromaton.blogspot.com/
http://es.youtube.com/trastorillo
DavidW

Post by DavidW »

GreyGeese wrote: Yes, that is one of the books and models I was referring to. A lot of great stuff in that book that I eventually hope to be able to fold (some are way over my head at this point, especially when they involve closed sinks.) I need to get the Japanese foil I ordered before trying the dog in a doghouse, as all my paper is too thick.
Yeah Weiss' models do alot of boxpleating, they can thick, so it's easier with foil. Also some models like the dog in a dog house are easier to shape with foil.

You're right about the difficulty-- Lang has some tricky models in that book. I think the eagle and the crab have some nasty sinks and wraps. For awhile when I was new to origami, I also thought the fly was tricky because of the collapse. I'm used to that kind of thing now, but I still think that eagle is a tricky fold with those funny wraps.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

trastorillo wrote:The mosts I like r:
Robert Lang, satoshi kamiya, joisel, Palacios, David Derudas, noburu, Anibal Voyer (his witch is definetly one of my fabourites). There is more that I like a lot But basicly those r my fabourites.
Please speak proper English. This is an international forum, so it doesn't help people who are just learning english when you use words like "r", "fabourites" and other things like that.
Last edited by Cupcake on August 13th, 2007, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
GreyGeese

Post by GreyGeese »

Cupcake wrote:
Please speak proper English. This is an international forum, so it doesn't people who are just learning english when you use words like "r", "fabourites" and other things like that.
Your second sentence is missing a verb. I think you meant "...it doesn't help people..." I find this rather ironic. :wink:
GreyGeese

Post by GreyGeese »

DavidW wrote:
GreyGeese wrote: Yes, that is one of the books and models I was referring to. A lot of great stuff in that book that I eventually hope to be able to fold (some are way over my head at this point, especially when they involve closed sinks.) I need to get the Japanese foil I ordered before trying the dog in a doghouse, as all my paper is too thick.
Yeah Weiss' models do alot of boxpleating, they can thick, so it's easier with foil. Also some models like the dog in a dog house are easier to shape with foil.

You're right about the difficulty-- Lang has some tricky models in that book. I think the eagle and the crab have some nasty sinks and wraps. For awhile when I was new to origami, I also thought the fly was tricky because of the collapse. I'm used to that kind of thing now, but I still think that eagle is a tricky fold with those funny wraps.
The most difficult model that I have (successfully) folded so far is Montroll's stink bug. Not only does it have a lot of flaps, but it also involves pulling out paper with no free edge. Since I have been doing origami for less than two months, I think this is pretty good progress. I am currently trying Lang's collie from "origami zoo" for the third time, and maybe now I will get it.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Cupcake wrote:
Please speak proper English. This is an international forum, so it doesn't people who are just learning english when you use words like "r", "fabourites" and other things like that.
Cupcake, the "b" is next to the "v", and they make the same basic sound (especially in Spanish). The only unforgivable thing he did was say "r" instead of "are". He sounds like he's doing/done a great job at learning English. And at least he didn't forget a key word like "help"... :)

Rule: If you are going to correct someone on grammar, spelling, etc. make sure your post is perfect.