My new Creation - Box

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
iAm4free

My new Creation - Box

Post by iAm4free »

Hey today I was playing around with the Birdbase and then I remembered the fold of a bush I had done for my Origami Zoo a few years back and did this and voila I didn't know what I had created until I realized that it was a box!! Can you guyz suggest what I can name this box??

Here are a few pictures:

regards,
Nikhil.
"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

- St. Francis of Assisi
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I have edited your post. now the pictures are viewable.

about the name: happy gift box :)
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

I was a bit confused by your pictures in the beginning but I think I can see it now. Nice concept :-)
How did you add the colours for the first picture?
And how is that box related to a bush? :roll:

As for naming the model.... I'm not very creative in that aspect... I'd probably just call it Box :)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
iAm4free

Post by iAm4free »

Hey Gerwin,

The colours first, I got this idea when I looked at my second piece of the model which was the red one, the top of the model appeared to be the sides of the square sheet and then I thought how it would be if I could put coloured strips in the side and then I cut off strips of green and orange, stuck it around the sides of the square yellow sheet and then did the model!

I remembered the bush fold from a Japanese Model which I had seen a few years back, this was one of the folds I used in the model.

Actually I have made 3 other boxes. Thats why I don't know what to name it! I'm really bad at naming models!!!
"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

- St. Francis of Assisi
iAm4free

Post by iAm4free »

TheRealChris wrote:I have edited your post. now the pictures are viewable.

about the name: happy gift box :)
Hey Chris, Thanks!!

- St. Francis of Assisi
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Well... since you have a "Bush-fold" included in this box, maybe you should call it "Bush-box" :)
Even though noone will understand why it's called that if you don't explain it...
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin