Submit your wishes to see diagrams in Drawing Origami Coll

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Black~Terror

Re: Submit your wishes to see diagrams in Drawing Origami Co

Post by Black~Terror »

Hello,

I would like to contribute a couple of models that I feel meet your standards. All are my own designs.

It would be an honor if one of my selections gets accepted, especially because no one has folded my models from their own free will. Granted, I only have two published diagrams as of now, but whenever I post a CP, no one folds. Nobody recognizes me; it gets overshadowed by other "popular" designers and their creations.
However, I don't want to follow the footsteps of Cuong, Lang, Kamiya, Quyet, Diaz, and many others just for earning recognition. I want to be someone who finds a way to excel and treads a new path.

Queen Triggerfish

Guppy

Mandarin Duck

I hope that if my models do get accepted, sales don't drop simply because nobody wants to fold something by some unknown person...
My flickr here
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Black~Terror wrote:I hope that if my models do get accepted, sales don't drop simply because nobody wants to fold something by some unknown person...
As long as I like the model I absolutely don't care if I know the creator's name or not.
You can never know whether someone folded your model or not. Not everyone posts his folds on the internet and even those who do might not post all models they fold. I'd say only a tiny fraction of the models I fold ever gets photographed and that's not necessarily because I didn't like the model. Sometimes I simply forget, or I want to refold it with better paper but then something else happens and I don't do it,...
You said you only put up two diagrams and some Crease Patterns. Whereas some people specifically look out for nice CPs the vast majority still prefers diagrams. So I guess if there would be nice diagrams for your mandarin duck it would very well find an audience to fold it.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

TERRY Nicolas wrote: - It's a pain to find a way to explain correctly how to collapse sometime (I'm still fighting on the draky's diagram which is finished but need additional explanation otherwise only box-pleating expert could fold it.
Ah, so that's where it's at! Being a boxpleater myself, I understand Nicolas's point of view on them. The hard part with diagraming BP model is getting the reader to fold the base without saying «Step 1: here's the CP, collapse it.» The werewolf in VOG1 is how you'd do it right, but those steps are hard to come up with and tedious to draw.

Black~Terror: don't beat yourself up so much. You have very good models and I could see any one of them being diagrammed in Nicolas's book. Also, some people like CPs to understand how the model was made, not necessarily to fold them.

And I second Chad Killeen's fox mask.
origamibh

Post by origamibh »

Is there any chance you publish this model, Nicolas?
TERRY Nicolas

Post by TERRY Nicolas »

origamibh wrote:
Is there any chance you publish this model, Nicolas?
Thanks for your interest in my model. I should publish diagram of my Rhino in my own book that I'm writting now. Tentative title could be "WOW Origami : Secrets to make a good model Great"
Complementary to "Origami Design Secrets" which reveal how to design, my book will explore tips to help folders and creators to improve their folds and creations to catch the attention and highlight their ideas with articles and I will use my diagrams as illustration of the tips.
Rendez-vous in some years for the publication ....
Nicolas
http://www.passionorigami.com : all the latest news about origami
TERRY Nicolas

Post by TERRY Nicolas »

Heisenberg proposed us to diagram the Unicorn by Yosuke Muroya https://www.flickr.com/photos/hamur0w0/
In the past, we already tried to contact this author because we already have the full diagram for his horse, and we just need his permission to publish. But our tentative to contact him via Flickrmail failed.
Is someone has a direct contact with this author?

Nicolas
greencube07

Post by greencube07 »

I would love to see some of my designs if possible :) (almost all of mine is avaiable..)
forexample)
Flickr에서 green cube님의 Tank(test fold)
Tank by Me(NOT A BOXPLEAT MODEL)
Flickr에서 green cube님의 Malboro
Malboro by Me(NOT A BOXPLEAT MODEL)
Flickr에서 green cube님의 Tyrael[
Tyael by Me

And for other origmaists, I would love to see desgins of Kim Hyeon Sik, Kwon Do Hyun, Son Byung Hoon, Petr Stuchlý.
Here are the links to their designs.
Kim Hyeon Sik : https://www.flickr.com/photos/bullsajow/
Kwon Do Hyun : https://www.flickr.com/photos/129822149@N04/
Son Byung Hoon : https://www.flickr.com/photos/126555185@N04/
Petr Stuchlý(especially want to see his stag beetle.. :)) : https://www.flickr.com/photos/petr-stuchly/
Last edited by greencube07 on January 20th, 2015, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TERRY Nicolas

Post by TERRY Nicolas »

Hi Guys
Our Team selected 6 models into your list. We didn't contact still all the autors because we move ahead step by step. But right now, I'm happy to tell you that we chose to include the amazing Elephant by Artur
Elephant by Artur Biernacki by Arturori, on Flickr

I've already received from Artur 516 photos for the creases ! I'm actually folding the elephant to understand well the folding sequence. Then I will start the shooting soon.

Nicolas
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

i second akugami/grizzly man. would love to see his geisha or samurai.

anything by daniel brown or the real juston would also be amazing--though i would like either jabba or link from the latter.
ImagineOwls

Post by ImagineOwls »

greencube07 wrote: Image
Flickr에서 green cube님의 Tyrael
Tyrael by Me
I second this notion!
origamibh

Post by origamibh »

Yoo Tae Yong - Pug

Nicolás Gajardo Henríquez - Cuy
kirakinn

Post by kirakinn »

TERRY Nicolas wrote: Why avoid box pleated models?

We accept of course Box pleating model; as we done before for example with The Horselaugh in Drawing Origami. But we try to not add too much boxpleating because:
- It's a pain to find a folding sequence (we want to avoid the 3 steps Precrease/Collapse/Shape
- It's a pain for Halle to draw Box-pleating (see step 23 page 198 : the cartoon boy is crying showing the collapsing step = it's a private joke by Halle telling he cried trying to draw this step.:)
- It's a pain to find a way to explain correctly how to collapse sometime (I'm still fighting on the draky's diagram which is finished but need additional explanation otherwise only box-pleating expert could fold it.

Nicolas
I'd just like to say that my space invader, though it looks box pleated, requires almost no collapsing, aside from a few 3D steps. It would all be fairly straightforward to diagram.
Eikichi

Post by Eikichi »

Hello Nicolas !
Strange to talk to you in English !
Well, I'd like to suggest this one :

ImageTotoro by Yoo Tae Yong, on Flickr

A bientôt !
Stéphane.
Kabuntan

Post by Kabuntan »

Eikichi wrote:Hello Nicolas !

A bientôt !
Stéphane.
Indeed, a great suggestion! That kaonashi (from the same creator) is amazing too.
kirakinn

Post by kirakinn »

Eikichi wrote:Hello Nicolas !

A bientôt !
Stéphane.
I third this notion! Fantastic design, I've always wanted to fold it!