Hojyo Takashi

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
polop

Hojyo Takashi

Post by polop »

is there any collections of his work :?: there seems to be the odd diagram or cp hanging about. But they seem to be one or two to a book(I do not have enough money to buy each book that offers a small scrap of Takashi goodness :oops: )
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

There is no book with only his work, but a rumor say that he may prepare a book... Keep the hope!
Kaimon

Post by Kaimon »

Mr Yamaguchi often makes jokes about his models and his low speed concerning creating new models...(and that he could never write a book, if he keeps it...^^)
but: chin up! he did´nt decline the idea of writing a book the next time...
...and i think he has already created enough models, if he´s about to do it...
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Kaimon wrote:...his low speed concerning creating new models...
The bottleneck, I believe, is not the design process - for box pleated figures such as his, CPs can be completely drawn out and filled in within a short time span, perhaps 15-30 mins. The actual folding process takes a much much longer time, ie days.

So yeah, if folks are willing to buy books of designed, but yet untested, models, I think he can come up with a book fairly rapidly. :)
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

I wouldn't say no to a book like that, it might be very interesting :-)

I'd also love to take a look at the design notes of some of the great designers out there :roll:
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Daydreamer wrote:I'd also love to take a look at the design notes of some of the great designers out there :roll:
A lot of them are incomprehensible to anyone but the designer himself, and even then, this is not generally true. :P Vincent Floderer's notebooks, on the other hand, are works of art in themselves. It's like an origami design book and nature sketch book all in one!
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I had the possibility to take a short look of some sketches in Nicolas Terry´s Notebook, that was fascinating. Also if there are sometimes only some very cryptic crease patterns, I would really like to get a copy of that. I think such Notebooks are showing the the prozess of designing a lot better than ready made diagrams and creasepatterns in books like "Origami Design Secrets" (what doesn´t mean, that I wouldn´t recommend everyone to read this book, it´s very interesting too).
A notebook I would like to take a look at, would be Eileen Tan´s, it surely has to be great :D
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Weeeellllll, I am in the process of cleaning it up and arranging it nicely in a book form.

But don't hold your breath. Joseph Wu's book will be out first. :D
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

So Joseph, when will your book be ready? (Preferably yesterday, so that Wolf can bring out her´s tomorrow!)
Friet

Post by Friet »

I haven't seen Joseph posting here for a while, or is that just me not paying attention?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

No, you are right, I haven´t seen him for a very long time too. but am still hoping that he´s reading the Forum. (I want Wolf´s book!!!)
Kaimon

Post by Kaimon »

i want Wolf´s book too!!!!^^
wolf wrote:
Kaimon wrote:...his low speed concerning creating new models...
The bottleneck, I believe, is not the design process - for box pleated figures such as his, CPs can be completely drawn out and filled in within a short time span, perhaps 15-30 mins. The actual folding process takes a much much longer time, ie days.

So yeah, if folks are willing to buy books of designed, but yet untested, models, I think he can come up with a book fairly rapidly. :)
hmm, an obstacle in question of the book is the presumably low number of buyers...
Hojyo´s models are not that kind of models most of the kids are interested in...
if you watch the customers of Origami House you´ll notice that most of the buyers of Kamiya´s book(exept origami fans who ordered the book) are kids who came to Origami House with their parents. they´re astonished at all those models and at Kamiya´s cool book of course...^^
those kids plead with one of their parents for buying this ultra-super-mega-cool book...
...well, i don´t think this will work with a potential Hojyo-book...
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

my book :D