Tanteidan

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
polop

Tanteidan

Post by polop »

I´ve just come along the things that JOAS sells like back orders of their magazine :D :D but i have some questions. Do you have to be a member of Tanteidan to buy these things ? Is it worth it (thats a lot of money for 6 booklets)? The website seemes out of date as they are collecting subscribtions fot the start of '06, are all the booklets mentioned still available?

Thanks for listening !!! (I doubt there are many people who can answer my questions out there, sorry for wasting your time reading if you can´t :D )
Edwin Corrie

Post by Edwin Corrie »

I believe that subscribing to the magazine makes you a member, but as far as I'm aware you don't have to be a member to order back issues. They're nicely produced magazines, and at around 4 pounds per issue it's not so very expensive. The website seems to be up to date http://www.origami.gr.jp/New/joas-e.html as the new subscription starts with the May 2006 issue. Back issues are available from No. 55 onwards.

Whether they will be of interest to you is another matter. The contents are listed for everything from No. 55 onwards. There are lots of articles, but of course they are all in Japanese. Each issue has at least a couple of models, usually one pretty complex one and one or two simpler things. I have to say I stopped subscribing around No. 65 because there was not a lot in it for me, although now and again there will always be something in it that you won't find elsewhere. Some of the material has since been republished in other books (e.g. the Kamiya stuff). It really depends what you are interested in.

Hope this helps.