Origami City

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
abnyc

Origami City

Post by abnyc »

In case anyone was thinking of buying Shuki Kato & Jordan Langerak's "Origami City", be warned that 8 of the models in the table of contents aren't actually in the book. Of course, they're most of the good ones that would make the book worth buying in the first place. (Including The Statue of Liberty, Lotus Temple, Taj Mahal, advanced Sydney Opera House.)

I know that Shuki occasionally visits this forum, so hopefully he'll have an explanation for this. Can those models be made available to people who bought the book?
origamipete
Forum Sensei

Re: Origami City

Post by origamipete »

well, that's unexpected... :?
origami-artist-galen

Post by origami-artist-galen »

Hey guys!

it was a tricky situation because the publisher wanted at least 30 models (originally 45) and it HAD to be within the 144 pages and the complexity level was meant to be simple enough to get people started in origami. Trust me, if I had my wish I would have had less models and only the most complex ones. I did feel a bit uneasy about it though, so I left a review on Amazon stating the specifics about it all. That said, I have no qualms about giving away the cps of my half of the designs right here. 8) Just give me a bit of time and I'll do that.

I'd like to add that the book still has about 1,178 steps of diagrams which is well above average and about 30 less than in Origami Masters Bugs. We're not trying to rip you off!! :oops:
Last edited by origami-artist-galen on November 6th, 2015, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
origami-artist-galen

Post by origami-artist-galen »

ImageImageImageImage

The Sydney Opera House has gone through a few alterations and the shaping of the shells involves some pythagorean-stretch type folds.