Komatsu Owl

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Morgan

Komatsu Owl

Post by Morgan »

I have been folding the Komatsu Owl (which by the way is translated to earthworm by Google ..hehehe) and I just cannot escape this gaping hole right under the beak. Also the Owl's back never seems to look clean. I am sure it is my own fault but does anyone have any advise on how to "close" up that hole under the beak?

I have found that the process of folding the underside is the "locking" step but no matter how tight I get that part, it just unfolds itself a little bit and I get a hole. If requested I will post a pic of what I mean....but I'm a little ashamed :oops: :)
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

It's kind of funny because I got a Komatsu's owl sitting on the top right of my computer screen since a few months, and I did not manage to really close the hole under the beak. I tried to lock at the bottom of the hole, I tried with some sticky tack, but no way to completly close it.
I would advice to use wet folding or foil paper or any special paper that keep his shape after folding. I used a standard kami paper and maybe it is the error..