No Christmas Origami Book 2015

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
origami_8
Administrator

No Christmas Origami Book 2015

Post by origami_8 »

Hello, I know that a lot of you are looking forward to participate in the next Christmas Origami Book, but I fear, that I won't be able to make it this year. For the bigger part of November and also a few days at the start of December, I will probably be without Internet connection, making it impossible for me to collect and edit diagrams. That would leave me with only one or maybe two weekends in December to do everything and that's too stressful for me, sorry.
HankSimon
Buddha

Re: No Christmas Origami Book 2015

Post by HankSimon »

Let me ask a general question: Is there anyone else out there with the software, technical expertise, time, and Origami knowledge that might substitute for Anna. I can't help (or I'd volunteer), but Anna might be able to provide mentoring guidance during the month of October.

Anna, if you think this is feasible, you might list requirements and timelines ... as well as caveats that some people send in drawings at the last moment.... Or you can veto the idea...
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Well, I guess one possibility would be that I send out the raw diagrams as I receive them without any changes. In that case it would be needed that people put them together in one file per model. I wouldn't be able to answer mails, so you wouldn't know whether I received the diagrams or not.

From my experience about half of the participants send their diagrams last minute.

One possibility would be to set the dates more strictly, so that sending diagrams to me (and receiving answers) would only be possible between December 10 to 15 and I would send out the book at the end of the year, giving me the Christmas holidays to put everything together. Sending diagrams any earlier would be possible but I wouldn't answer them right away.
franz

Post by franz »

hello,

what about a "DCB 2016", a "delayed christmas book 2016" some time in january or february?
franz
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

franz wrote:hello,

what about a "DCB 2016", a "delayed christmas book 2016" some time in january or february?
Clever!
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Or just a "a happy new years book". I think that everyone likes the idea of the community book and that you have to participate in order too recieve it. Wether it comes out in December or June, I don't mind.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Okay, so the wish is that I make it even if it means getting it a little later than usual.
Good.
You can send me diagrams to Origamibook AT gmail DOT com, but I'll only answer the mails before October 30 or after December 10. Everything that gets sent between those dates will be received, but I will answer it only after December 10, and please be patient, I might only find the time on the following weekend.
Would you all be okay if I set the deadline to December 20? Depending on when I get it all done I would send the book out between January 3 and 10. Do you agree?
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

You have my vote.
JoeOrigami

Post by JoeOrigami »

Is it okay if the diagrams we send you have been published before?
I am a thirteen year old origami folder and designer.
My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144893765@N07/
My Blogger: http://www.joeorigami.blogspot.co.nz
My Ello: https://ello.co/origamist
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

JoeOrigami wrote:Is it okay if the diagrams we send you have been published before?
No. From the instructions from previous years:

"That's how it works:
Everyone who wants to participate sends me (at least) one previously unpublished folding instruction. Afterwards I assemble them all into a pdf-file with a table of contents and send it back to all participants. In the end everyone of them gets a nice compilation of diagrams that aren't available elsewhere."
Last edited by Brimstone on October 20th, 2015, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
franz

Post by franz »

hello anna,

of course that is ok :D
franz
Pham Hoang Tuan

Post by Pham Hoang Tuan »

It's fine Anna :) all fine
Nepafarius