How much do you spend a week on paper?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...

how much do you spend a week on paper?

$0-5
87%
$5-10
7%
$10-25
3%
$25-50
3%
$50-100
No votes
$100+
No votes

Total votes: 30

malachi

Post by malachi »

Oh, I should probably mention that none of this was precut paper. I got 23 sheets of lokta, hemp, unryu, and wyndstone marble paper.
~folder~of~paper~

Post by ~folder~of~paper~ »

I have to say ur lucky again coz you can't get wyndstone marble in australia... It's kinda annoying because it's the best to use when making models by jeremy shafer coz that's what he used to design them and he made them to look good using wyndstone marble light...
:(
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

~folder~of~paper~ wrote:...it's the best to use...coz that's what he used to design them...
Don't forget to use the same colour of paper as well, otherwise it won't turn out right. :?

Seriously though, that's not always true. While some designers do tailor their designs for certain papers, many others do not. Some models may even turn out nicer when folded from paper other than what the designer was thinking of. The skill of the folder determines the final look of the model far more than the kind of paper used.
~folder~of~paper~

I suppose, but in the opening of his book he said wyndstone marble is intended for majority of the models here shown.
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

If you look at some of the books published last century, particularly those with complex models, you'll find that some of them recommend using tissue-foil. Today though, those sample models are just as effectively, and sometimes even better, folded (dry, wet or MC) from soft, thinner papers like unryu.
LorenzoMarchi

Post by LorenzoMarchi »

Not even 5$ a week...not so much :)
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens
Friedrich Schiller
~folder~of~paper~

I've made some tissue foil, but my guilotine isn't big enough to cut it. I don't know if I should use scissors. Personally, I think scissors make horribly shabby cuts in tissue foil.
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

~folder~of~paper~ wrote:I don't know if I should use scissors.
This got discussed earlier, and the consensus was that knives/rotary cutters and a good cutting mat are the way to go:

viewtopic.php?t=504
giro

Post by giro »

A week i dont know, but in spain is dificul to fins specials paper, this week i received mulberry tissue and lokta from EEUU. And i next weeks i receive a big package of more 1000 sheets of mulberry from Taiwan.

I have enough for many time.
Giro.
~folder~of~paper~

look on ebay. I found a stack of yuzen for about $3!!!!!!!!!
:D