Repeated kawasaki twist

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Cadix

Repeated kawasaki twist

Post by Cadix »

I came upon this the other day. It's just stacked kawasaki twists, but I like how it holds together on its own while compacting the paper. It doesn't seem super useful, but I still like it. I don't think I've seen it before, but I can't imagine I stumbled upon it first.

EVERYTHING MUST BE MADE OF PAPER!
Brimstone
Buddha

Re: Repeated kawasaki twist

Post by Brimstone »

Stacked square twists (the real name for what you call Kawasaky rose twists) have been done before. I can think of Helena Verril's Ziggurat although twists are alternated :

Samuel Ver Duin created a model he called Sixth Column which is a hexagon twist stack:

One cool thing about these stacks is that they usually can be untwisted and erected.
Kabuntan

Post by Kabuntan »

That last picture reminds me of Chris Palmer's work, especially the flower towers. :)
Cadix

Post by Cadix »

Brimstone wrote:Stacked square twists (the real name for what you call Kawasaky rose twists) have been done before. I can think of Helena Verril's Ziggurat although twists are alternated[snip].
Thanks for the heads up. I figured that was the case, but it was nice to see some examples. They're kind of fun to make out of very thin paper, since you can do a bunch of twists and end up with something not very thick.
EVERYTHING MUST BE MADE OF PAPER!