Help in Making MC

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Darkness_Dragon_2.0

Help in Making MC

Post by Darkness_Dragon_2.0 »

I have just started making MC paste. When I mixed the water and the powder, originally they were similar to egg white in viscosity, and I also noticed there were big clumps of powder, after waiting for 8 hours, most of the cumps disappeared, but the mixture thickened. Its more viscous now compared to before. I also noticed that the mc paste made by people are clear, as of now mine is not really clear.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Merlyngami

Re: Help in Making MC

Post by Merlyngami »

It's possible you added too much MC powder to the water, what was your powder:water ratio?
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Keep in mind that there is no perfect ratio. Some people like it thicker, while some people like it thinner. It doesn't really matter.

Also, make sure you don't see any bubbles when you apply it or else you will end up with bubbles on your model (if you use it as shaping glue).

There is a huge thread about MC on this forum. I haven't really looked through it but I'm sure somebody has had your same problem in the past.
Darkness_Dragon_2.0

NeverCeaseToCrease wrote:Keep in mind that there is no perfect ratio. Some people like it thicker, while some people like it thinner. It doesn't really matter.

Also, make sure you don't see any bubbles when you apply it or else you will end up with bubbles on your model (if you use it as shaping glue).

There is a huge thread about MC on this forum. I haven't really looked through it but I'm sure somebody has had your same problem in the past.
Ohh ok thanks for that

Darkness_Dragon_2.0

Its fine guys, I realized that I thought my 1/3 cup measure was 1 cup